“Came back for more”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calabash
The Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Calabash B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed with Nancy and Warren last year for the first time, and this year returned for two nights instead of just one. Calabash is known for its style of fried seafood, but before long the area will be more widely known for The Rose B&B and the breakfast there. This Christian couple really gives great service, accommodations, and food to the visitors. As we talked with them it became obvious they give even more back to the community and the church in terms of time, labor, and finances. One can not ask for a home away from home any nicer than The Rose and Warren and Nancy. Give it a try; you won't be sorry! Ron and Gail

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ronald N

Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night while in the area for the weekend. We should have stayed 2 nights instead of staying somewhere else the other night. After reading the reviews of this place, we were really looking forward to it. We always stay at B&Bs and this place rates as one of the best! Nancy greeted us by our names and gave a very warm southern welcome! The place is very clean, cozy and comfortable. She had just made homemade mini apples pies! YUM! We stayed in the Lighthouse Room. Fantastic! The pictures on the website do not do the room justice. It was very big, very comfortable and the private bathroom is also very spacious! We felt right at home at this B&B. We watched a 3D movie in the living/great room. We had the place to ourselves and it was so much fun! The grounds are absolutely beautiful! The porches are big and relaxing. A bonus for us was visiting with the four resident cats! I wouldn't consider this a problem if you are not a cat lover. Don't let it stop you from staying at this B&B! The breakfast was excellent! You get to choose from several offerings. I had the 3 egg omelet. You choose what you want in it, My side was hash brown potatoes. We had juice and coffee. Nancy made banana nut muffins and a slice of grilled pineapple! This my kind of breakfast and I ate it all! My husband had the 3 berry pancake! It looked like something out of a magazine! The pancake was as big as the plate, topped with 3 kinds of berries and powdered sugar. His side was sausage, not just 2 skinny little links either. It was 3 large sausage patties. It was a lot of food, but absolutely delicious. We ate everything! This B&B is not on the beach, but close to it. The B&B is a little more remote, in a country/rural setting, but certainly close to everything that you would want to do in the area. The only downside to this B&B is the noise from the highway, but not bad enough that it would keep us from going back. We will definitely stay here again when we visit the area. I highly recommend this B&B. You cannot beat it for $100/night. This includes the wonderful, down home breakfast and all taxes! This place is a gem! Can't wait to go back! Did I mention that I LOVE this place!

Room Tip: I don't think you'd be disappointed with any of the rooms!
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed here at the recommendation of friends and it was all they said and more. The B&B was very well thought-out with large, comfortable rooms. Having a private entrance to the rooms made coming and going very easy and it didn't feel like an imposition on the innkeepers. Breakfast both days was delicious and the sweet treat in the evening was just right. Nancy and Warren are gracious hosts and make you feel like a "regular" your first time staying there. It was a great experience and we will be back.

1  Thank Sucie04
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We keep coming back - this is our third visit. The home is modern and the rooms are very clean and spacious. The breakfast was outstanding -- fresh parfait, home-made pastries, and perfect omelets. The inn keepers are helpful and friendly. We already look forward to our return to the The Rose!

1  Thank Riduan J
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Recently my husband and I have become B and B ers and I have to say this was one of our favorites! At $90 for tax and everything in the off season you can't beat it! Not to mention the breakfast was AMAZING!!! I could not eat a fraction it was so much food and all four star quality! The owners were friendly without being intrusive which is sometime what a B and B can seem like. Can not wait till my next weekend getaway to visit the rose! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Rbroadway
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We fell in love with this B&B, both the house and its owners, Nancy and Warren. They were so hospitable and friendly, and served such excellent food (and accommodated everyone's food allergies and preferences), that staying at their B&B turned out to be a very important part of what made our trip to North Carolina so marvelous. The house was entirely clean, our room was pleasantly decorated and well appointed, the bed was comfortable, and the common areas (indoor and out) were delightful places to sit and enjoy quiet reading or meeting and chatting with other people. When we return to North Carolina, we will definitely stay at The Rose with Nancy and Warren!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ToddAlyssa
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We wanted to experience the Calabash style food again after serving at Ft. Bragg 40 years ago and traveling down to Calabash frequently. I don't know what we were expecting from our aging memories of the food, but we were even more uncertain regarding lodging, since we never stayed in the area. We are also not big B&B fans, since one never knows what to expect. WELL - let me tell you, if all B&B's were like this, hotels would be out of business. Nancy and Warren helped us find the location by cell phone, since our GPS tried to send us somewhere else. When we arrived, the welcome, the cookies, and the room were magnificant. We were tired, and slept well. But the morning breakfast cannot be described adequately in words. The two owners are attuned to the fact good beds and great breakfasts, along with tremendous hospitality, will invite travelers to return. Give this place a try, and you won't be sorry. P.S. Calabash style fried foods are as great as we remembered as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ronald N

Been to The Rose Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!