“Great 1/2 day fishing!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great 1/2 day fishing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

My family booked with Captain Raymond for a 5 hour trip, the weather was great we enjoyed the 45 minute ride to the fishing grounds my kids had a chance to see dolphins swim under the front of the boat on the ride out. The crew was very helpful and they kept us on the fish all day. We caught fish so fast we couldn't keep our bait in the water. We ended up with a nice stringer of keepers. First mate Brandon cleaned all of our fish when we returned and only asked for fps, there was no charge to clean all those fish. I would highly recommend Captain Raymond's Fishing if you're in or around Myrtle Beach

Visited April 2014
2 Thank brian p

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Alright but I really wanted to keep my fish.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

My son and I enjoyed the scenery but our trip was to catch fish. The fishing rules enforced by law makers really make it a disappointment. Because we caught fish that were less that 13 inches we were not allow to keep any fish. We traveled 9 miles out and you would think that catching fish for dinner would be a breeze.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank corderas
Columbia, South Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

We too booked here due to reading a couple of good reviews, I must say those people got lucky.
The PROS: The crew was friendly,both bathrooms worked.
The CONS: No one mentioned the condition of the sea before we went. There were waves so high that they were just covering the front of the boat. Once out in the fishing ground,the waves were so rough that I actually feared for my safety and my daughter was so scared she was going to fall over. There was approx. 45 people on our trip and out of that there was at least 35 of us sick,including the crew. The crew was very very quick to offer you a beverage for the cost of $1 or more. I understand that it wasn't going to be perfectly still in the ocean and was loving the trip until it came to a point the waves were so bad. I feel cheated out of my money because someone either during booking or in the 30+ minutes we were sitting at the office could've said the waves are rough out there and let us make a decision but that was never shared. The crew did state when we were out that it had been really bad all day.
As for the fish,there wasn't even one shark caught.And this was supposed to be a night shark fishing trip. There was many black sea bass that were caught but were to small to even keep. As others have said the captain didn't speak except to say pull up your lines.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Patricia G
Summerville, South Carolina
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“Never again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

Our family is a frequent guests of the Hurricane Fleet. We had reservations for today for the 1/2 day AM bottom fishing trip, but it was unfortunately canceled due to mechanical problems. BUMMER! It was suggested we book with Captain Raymond Charters, so we did. However, it was a huge disappointment. The boat was very overcrowded, deckhands seemed clueless, and the captain did not reposition the boat to find fish. On Hurricane Fleet, we have been spoiled. After this experience, we will never consider another group.

Visited June 2013
5 Thank AndeeDawn
Calabash, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

After reviewing all the previous positive reviews, we decided to book with Capt. Raymond’s operation.

The weather was good, 2-3 ft waves, no one sick and fairly spacious (due to half capacity) for the specific day. Plenty of small fish caught, ALL undersized at 6-8 inches. Lots of sharks caught and released.

The tackle seemed old and everyone was told to catch from one side only. Lines would tangle due to folks landing sharks. At the beginning of the trip, the first mate stated that only the men’s bathroom was working. During the onsluaght of the trip, I used the bathroom and discovered large amounts of feces in the toilet, which did not flush. Clean bathrooms are stated as a marketing strategy on their brochures. I would hate to see other vessels in the area.

Finally, as a small business owner, I thought the Captain could have been more personable. The only times he talked to his valued customers was: “Lines up, we are leaving”. A Cobia was chasing live bait of a fellow passenger and the captain moved on. This would have been the catch of the day!

Visited May 2013