“Ultimate relaxation.”

Ranked #1 of 2 Candler B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Ultimate relaxation.”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

If you are planning a trip to the Asheville, then I suggest that you stay at the Honey Hill Resort. First of all Cheryl and Gretchen are the greatest. You can tell that they really enjoy what they do and they constantly are promoting relaxation. We stayed in the Looking Glass cabin and the views are simply breathtaking from every angle. The setting is the perfect romantic setting for couples looking to get away and just be together in peace and beauty. Gretchen and Cheryl kept us abreast of all of the happening in the area, as well as many of the great eating establishments in and around Asheville. They really go out of their way to make you feel like you are the only people on the property. I have stayed at the Inn at the Biltmore before and it is very, very nice but it does not compare in personal service and family feel. You just feel like part of a small family when Gretchen or Cheryl opens the front door of Engadine. It is just soooooo beautiful and tranquil. The breakfast is simply amazing and I think that amazing even falls short how wonderful the breakfast was. I tell you that we were simply amazed at how wonderful a time that we had at Honey Hill. I have only stayed there once, but I WILL definitely be back in October for the changing of the leaves. The best way to explain it is to say go see for yourself. The tagline for the Resort is spot on. Sweet Dreams are what you will have every night of your stay. It was love at first view. Thanks Cheryl and Gretchen for being such gracious hosts. I am now a regular. I just love it!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great. All rooms and cabins have desirable views.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I love this place! My husband and I are inveterate visitors at B & Bs, and Honey Hill is one of the best we've ever experienced. The setting is beautiful, with stunning views of the NC mountains, and with 12 acres, there's plenty of room to roam. The house is on the Historic Register and is beautifully restored to its 19th c. elegance, but with the intimate charm of a family home. Our hosts Cheryl and Gretchen were so welcoming; we felt almost like family. One of the treats of a B & B is the generous breakfasts that are usually on offer, and Gretchen didn't let us down with her culinary arts. We didn't eat again until dinner. If you're looking for peace, this is the place to find it.

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 May 2013

A wonderfully relaxing place to stay, with wonderful hosts, a beautiful setting, delicious food and a gorgeous historical home. Anyone who likes the "B & B experience" would enjoy it here !! Although outside of Asheville, you can be anywhere in the city in 15 minutes, while reveling in the rural setting of the Inn--12 acres in all!

Room Tip: Don't skip breakfast !!
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 May 2013

What an absolutely beautiful place! Gretchen and Cheryl are amazing hosts and their breakfast is to die for. Do not pass the Honey Hill Inn up if you are considering a warm and inviting place to stay while in Asheville. My wife and I will be back- guaranteed!

Room Tip: The Inn is beautiful but the cabins are awesome!
Madison, Georgia
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed at Honey Hill Mother's Day weekend and it was wonderful. Cheryl and Gretchen make you feel like you are staying with family. Our room was immaculate. The breakfast was outstanding. We never stayed at a B&B before but would definetly do it again, forget the chain hotels and stay at Honey Hill.

Room Tip: just look at the photos online and pick the room you like there are no surprises it will look like t...
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2013

My husband and I loved this place. We spent two nights at the Cherokee cabin and two in a room in the house. Every day we had a wonderful breakfast, which was part of our living social deal, and each breakfast was amazing! The place is so nice, Ms. Gretchen and Ms. Cheryl are wonderful and very helpful and accommodating and we had an awesome time. Needless to say, we want to go back! I highly recommend it. The mansion is nice, big rooms, nice tea and cookies from 3pm to 7pm every day, and they even provided us with beach towels for one of our activities. It's close to Asheville, yet located in a place where you can get away and relax. We left the cabin with tears in our eyes. Kidding, but almost.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We just left this fabulous B&B today and am already missing it. I had purchased a Living Social deal and my experience was top notch from beginning to end. The innkeepers, Cheryl and Gretchen, could not have been any nicer. Sometimes, when I have used a voucher from Groupon or Living Social, the merchant has been a bit standoffish. Even though the main purpose of these deals is to introduce you to their business. That was far from the case here.

Our room, the Mary Hoyte room, was large and impeccably clean. The bathroom was also quite large. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The room has a comfy couch in a little nook plus a nice chair with footrest. The closet accommodated all our bags comfortably. We did not hear any noise from our neighbors. And we did have neighbors. From what I saw, I believe that none of the rooms actually share a wall with other rooms. I might be wrong but that is what it looked like. We did hear a bit of road noise, but only in the morning.

That was the "bed" part. Now for the breakfast. Each morning my senses were awakened by the wonderful aroma of breakfast being prepared. Let me start by saying that I really am not a huge breakfast person. But oh, my goodness! That was some good stuff! The first morning, we had amazing French toast stuffed with strawberries and accompanied by the most deliciously crispy bacon. The 2nd morning, we were served a cheese, bacon and spinach quiche which was equally delicious and I don't even eat eggs! Both meals were preceded by a fruit course and were both really yummy. Not just sliced fruit.

They have the cutest little doggies that allowed me to give them a little cuddle since I was missing my pup.

The grounds are beautiful! I only wish that we had more time, and better weather to explore some more. Next time. And there definitely will be a next time.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lissete
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candler
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West
#26 of 65 in Asheville
Comfort Suites Outlet Center
Comfort Suites Outlet Center
#29 of 65 in Asheville

Been to Engadine Inn & Cabins? Share your experiences!