Asheville West KOA
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Candler
See available hotels
Springdale(Canton)
Nakon Motel(Candler)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfire pitpicnic tablespull through sitesbathrooms were cleanbig rigcommunity kitchengreat campgroundafter hoursshower bathroomstayed here for one nightbasic needspriced rightclose to downtownwest sideexcellent customer servicethe blue ridge parkwayfront office
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We stayed for 6 nights. The camground was clean, well managed and priced right. Felt very secure. Great access to Asheville and the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is close to I-40, but if you turn on the AC and close the windows you can sleep just fine. Will return.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RDPLakeCity_FL
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Everything was just perfect during my stay, and i do not think that it was just luck. I think that the staff and grounds are as close to campground perfect as you can get on a daily basis. The grounds were well kept. The bath house was very clean. The Kabins form a circle around a camp kitchen that was very useful. I haven't had this at other KOA's and found it a luxury to have an outdoor stovetop, sink and large table enclosed in a gazebo area...made grilling/cooking a breeze. I always stay in the primitve Kabins at KOA's and this helped tremendously. I have already reserved 2 more Kabins for a long weekend with my family next month.

Yes there was highway noise and after reading other reviews i almost let it deter me. But i am so glad i didn't. As another reviewer wrote: Noise from I40 may bother some- but the atmosphere of the campground makes up for the noise. I agree 100%.

Just fyi....I stayed in Kabin K2.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank iwork2play
Reviewed 16 October 2010

We stayed at this KOA in our travel trailer; my in-laws stayed in one of the primitive cabins. The campground was beautiful, from the entrance to the office to the sites. It's a family-owned campground, so the staff is mostly family. Everyone was very friendly and very helpful. My in-laws' cabin was very cute and worked well for them. Just keep in mind that it is a primitive cabin so it is very small with no amenities and no plumbing; they knew that when they made the reservation, so they were prepared. The shower and bathroom were close by and well-maintained, so that wasn't a problem.

We only had two complaints - our RV site didn't have a concrete or paved pad so it was slightly un-level; and the proximity to I40, while convenient, made it somewhat noisy. Perhaps if there was an ordinance against truckers using their air brakes, that would help.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We stayed for 5 nights at a kamping lodge. The KOA staff were wonderful. Noise from I40 may bother some- but the atmosphere of the campground makes up for the noise.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple