“Lovely and Relaxing!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pisgah View Ranch

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Pisgah View Ranch
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Candler
Apex, North Carolina
“Lovely and Relaxing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

This beautiful ranch is everything that you could ask for with gorgeous green rolling hills of grass, a bass pond that you can actually fish, and miles of hiking/riding trails.

The cabins were clean, fully stocked with all the amenities needed, and well maintained. The owners, the Cogsburns were some of the most friendly and accomatheydating people I've met in a long time. Everyone that works at the ranch is a kind and friendly face that will stop to tell you about fun things to do while you are their guest. My husband and I enjoyed a night in front of a warm fire with good 'ole country tales and live songs our first night there!

The ranch has beautiful tame horses that are available to take campers on a picturesque trail located right on the property that overlooks the Pisgah national forest. If you aren't up for a horse ride the trails are perfectly safe to just take a nice walk along.

The location is perfectly nestled in the beautiful mountains of NC but is very close to many of the area locations in Asheville. We were able to visit the Biltmore with less than a 20 minute drive away.

This place is a must see and must stay. I will absolutely be returning, 5 stars all the way!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
15 Thank C Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Mauldin, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

What a good time I had at PVR. I was a little nervous about going since I was a single girl traveling alone. I called and asked a bunch of questions about the traveling alone and Emily put right at ease. She assured me everything would be fine. My first tip is do not use GPS mine took me 40+ miles out of the way. Follow the directions on the web site.. They will take you right there. I stayed in the Tollgate what a cute little cottage and it has an awesome whirlpool bath tub that was very relaxing. Saturday morning I had a horseback ride scheduled and it was awesome. Dori is so sweet and the ride was so relaxing. Oh make sure you sign up for breakfast super yummy!! Saturday what a blast we did line dancing and then sat around the campfire. I had a great time with a few of the couples there we went on a midnight hike that was an adventure...lol not sure that was the safest idea, but at the time it seemed like...lol The harseback ride Sunday morning was amazing so relaxing and so beautiful up in the mountain!!! I would totally recommend PVR. Just remember no TV or cell phone service it was so relaxing!!! Iwill totally go back!!!

Room Tip: Tollgate for a single or a couple..Very cozy!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
15 Thank CherylG684
Mount Holly, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

Nestled between the Blue Ridge Parkway and Smoky Mountains, lies a charming ranch untouched by the 21st century. Step back in time and admire the panoramic view of the mountains. Breathe in the smells of the Mountain Laurel and Pines. See the wooden bridge leading to the sparkling lake for a lazy afternoon. Work up an appetite by taking a long ride on the majestic horses. Feel the breeze as you run through the clover fields. As you dismount; notice the inviting rocking chairs on the porch of the main house. Follow the aroma to the dining room. The tables are draped with gingham table clothes and antiques surround the room reminiscent of a simpler time. The tables are adorned with mouth-watering fried chicken, buttery biscuits, stuffing, and fresh green beans. Once full, out comes a steaming hot oatmeal pie. Cindy and her staff are a delight and make you feel right at home. The ranch will always be fondly remembered.

Vicky Yasika
New Jersey

Room Tip: All the rooms are in cottages and each has its own, distinct character. There are no bad rooms.
20 Thank vickyyasika
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

My husband and I visited Pisgah View Ranch using a groupon back in October. We had a wonderful time. We are big hikers, so we skipped the horseback riding but heard great things from other families. The cabins are rustic but completely satisfactory for outdoor adventurers. The food was AMAZING and they stuff you full! We didn't even have room for our typical Asheville libations! The staff at the ranch are very friendly and remind me of how people should treat you when you spend your money at an establishment such as this. I highly recommend to anyway looking to get away from the city life.

17 Thank Jennifer T
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

Had a Groupon for Pisgah View Ranch that was given to us as a gift. I took myself and my kids on the trip. I surprised the kids with the horseback riding on the trail as they have never done that and they LOVED it. Dori and the other staff members at the barn were fantastic on the trail ride with beginners. Cindy is awesome. Everyone there is so friendly- even the other patrons that were there. Yes the cabins are very rustic and we experienced and huge thunderstorm when we were there in October but all was great. We did not do the food package as it was a little out of my budget at the time but I did hear very good things about the food.
We did go around the Blue Ridge Parkway to Looking Glass Falls and my kids had a blast there climbing over the rocks and touching the falls. My kids want to go back in the summer to do the sliding rock- I must say, I do too!! Thank you PVR, you were awesome!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
14 Thank Donna S
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

Pisgah View Ranch was a real treat. The cabins are rustic but clean and well furnished, the food is fabulous, and the staff was fantastic. Dori took us on 4 rides over 2-1/2 days and was a delightful guide who truly loves her job. Cindy checked on us regularly to make sure we were OK. The food was good Southern cooking and there was plenty of it. Hope to get back again. Thanks Cindy!

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
15 Thank Elly
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

Cindy, the manager, and all of her staff are very friendly and helpful. The cabins are dated and need some paint and repair but they are comfortable and clean. With a beautiful view of the 6,000+ feet-high Mt. Pisgah, the ranch offers in addition to horseback riding -- tennis, horseshoes, shuffleboard, swimming, fishing, hiking, and an indoor game room. Delicious, southern, home cooked meals are prepared and served family style three times a day by the cook, Ben, and his wait staff. We also enjoyed just sitting on our screened porch, rocking, reading, and resting.

17 Thank RAC1241
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candler
Highland Lake Inn & Resort Hendersonville
The Inn on Biltmore Estate
Brookstone Lodge
Brookstone Lodge
#31 of 63 in Asheville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
The Omni Grove Park Inn
The Omni Grove Park Inn
#12 of 63 in Asheville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,365 reviews
Days Inn Asheville West

Been to Pisgah View Ranch? Share your experiences!