“More than just a place to stay...Southern Hospitality its best”

Riverhouse Acres Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canton
Riverhouse Acres Campground
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This is not your average park it is Steve and Barb's home with the grape vines growing in the front, the river that lulls you to sleep, the birds, and seeing the wildlife is just amazing. The cool breeze that came off the water was wonderful. We pitched a tent and my family was so pleased, the internet was great for the kids to watch movies at night, my nine year-old went fishing in the river all day while my teenager was tucked away under a tree. If you are an experienced camper or a novice, like me, the personal attention is amazing. For us it was so wonderful to get to know the people around us, every night someone came by to just to check in on us and every morning there was a smiling face walking down the path. Barb and Steve are so gracious and as it was said, "While you are here our land is your land". The bathrooms and showers were not only very clean, they had huge private showers, the water was always hot no mater how long I took a shower and the grounds are meticulously maintained. My sons and I enjoyed Sliding Rock, which was recommended by Cathy, Jeff showed us where to find the local restaurants, but nothing by far was better than their restaurant right down the street and the take out was wonderful when we just wanted to veg, everything homemade, the desserts were amazing and everything is cooked on sight- amazing! The Biltmore was only 15 minutes away and the town of Canton is so pleasant. The pavilion is wonderful and the large trees were great for the hammock! I asked my kids what will they remember the most about our first camping experience and it had nothing to do with the tent, but the people they met at the campground. The beauty of this place extends past the view it is shown through the actions of the owners and thank you for having us! As a parent you always want your children to have memories that last a lifetime, experiences that they will always remember, and at Riverhouse Acres you made that happen. Not only fifteen minutes down the road and my son asked, "So when are we going back there?"
Thank you so much for everything!
Nicole

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicole F
There are newer reviews for Riverhouse Acres Campground

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I needed a clean and quiet place to stay while taking a course at nearby Daniel Boone Boyscout Camp. This place was great! I would definitely Come here with with my family. There is plenty to do nearby and the scenery is awesome!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Riverhouse Acres Campground is a small campground set on a river south of Canton, NC. It is very quiet and lovely. This is not a big fancy campground but we enjoyed it and the hosts and owners were incredibly helpful. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Joanne Elizabey... B
A TripAdvisor Member
Boone, NC
Reviewed 27 April 2004

Enjoyed our stay at Riverhouse Acres very much. The owners went out of their way to make sure we had a pleasant stay. We look forward to staying with them again soon

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Quality Inn West of Asheville
Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
#1 of 25 in Maggie Valley
Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Riverhouse Acres Campground? Share your experiences!