“Country Breakfast on the Beach”

Granny's Country Kitchen
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Diner, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Country Breakfast on the Beach”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I go here often. The servers are awesome and laid-back. Good luck getting breakfast in the summer though because the wait can be long. They have a few outdoor picnic tables for people to use, but they fill them up too after May. The bacon, sausage gravy, and eggs are cooked just right. It's a good ol' diner to get some greasy food. The prices are great.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank uncwmel10

Knightdale, North Carolina, United States
“Breakfast”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Excellent sausage, roasted red pepper, omelette. The biscuit tasted like "more", along with the sausage gravy. Excellent coffee. Excellent service, very pleasant, energetic staff and prices within reason. It was very easy to leave a tip.

• Visited March 2014
New York, NY
“Excellent place for breakfast”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Awesome omelettes & very good pancakes!
The service was excellent. Ate here almost every day. Their veggie omelette tasted like they picked the veggies 5 minutes before they made the omelette. Their biscuits were also very fresh and had a great homemade taste. Only complaint would be if they offered real maple syrup (even with an up charge).
One tip would be to arrive early... we got there about 8 on a Saturday... by 9 there were people waiting outside.

• Visited November 2013
Yonkers, New York, United States
“Granny Breakfast Goodness”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stopped by here after a trip to Carolina beach. Our last day there and wanted to have a nice country breakfast with my fiance. Based on some of the reviews, we figured we'd try it out. Glad we did. When we first get there, we noticed there was seating outside the restaurant, since the sun was coming out, we figured it would be perfect to dine outside. Great decision and our young lady server was very accommodating. I can see why people would not take too kindly to the older lady, but being from NY, we thought she was just fine. The fried green tomatoes were delicious. My shrimp and grits were excellent and my fiance loved her country gravy and biscuits. Only thing that was so so were the pancakes which were a bit dry. Other than that, our breakfast was outstanding.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank RubenD76
Carolinas
“Soooo Disappointed!!!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Let me start with the good: It's a cute place from the outside.

Now about my visit; I was really looking forward to a good Carolina style country breakfast and (out of convenience) I figured I would give this place another try. It had been a couple of years ago, and I had hoped it would have gotten better than the last time I visited. I was wrong.

Where do I start? The grits (a Southern tradition) were about the worst I have ever had at any restaurant I've ever visited. Not hardly even warm, and nothing I added made it any better. I would feel sorry for the tourist who could be tasting grits for the very first time, coming across these, and thinking this is what grits taste like. Also in reference to the grits, one of the smallest serving sizes I ever seen. Who knows, maybe they were running low.

The biscuits: Tasted like frozen (store bought) baked, cooled off, then reheated (but not heated enough) in a microwave. Not good at all.

Hash browns: Tasted like they came right out of a freezer bag then hastily heated (but again, not heated enough) hard texture, and luke-warm at best. Barely eatable.

My omelet was not hot, and skimpy with the advertised ingredient. Again, very disappointing.

My coffee cup sat emply for several minutes without attention.

Let me add, the price for my bill I had to pay, made this visit even worse.

Luckily, later on this trip, I found another restaurant (near the charter boats) who not only met my expectations of a real Carolina Style Breakfast, they fully surpassed it, and it cost me less.

I wish Granny's Country Kitchen the best, and I hope they're able to make enough changes to be somewhat appealing in the future. With that being said, I know I've made my very last visit there.

Visited September 2013