“Mothers Day to remember”

Drifters Reef Hotel
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Rockwell, North Carolina
“Mothers Day to remember”
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Took Mom and my family to the Drifters Reef Motel for Mothers Day Weekend and Mom was so happy to be at the beach and be with all of the family, but most of all she was treated like a Queen at the Motel. They are pet friendly so she got to bring her little poodle with her, that made her so happy. The motel was centrally located so we were able to walk to the beach , shops and The Boardwalk. Everybody there was so nice and made us feel like family.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank happysable

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Reserved motel for 3 nights, after paying went to room and the bed was broke and the room was dirty and smelly. We asked for our money back, but was refused they said they would move us to another room instead. We looked at the new room and the bed was not broke but it smelled like cigarettes and urine, the floor was not swept, sheets was dirty and looked like they were never changed. Owner refused to give us our money back!!

Room Tip: ask to inspect room before paying
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank ddrbeal

Travellers are raving about these Carolina Beach hotels

Gastonia, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We planned a family trip with some friends and paid almost $900 for 4 night in their 2 bedroom apt! Well it was cooler outside! it stayed 90 degrees in the room all the time! we had to stay gone just to stay cool! The layout and size of the apt was great but the air sucked, beds were nasty, dishwasher didnt work, lamps didnt work, sheets looked nasty, maid service does nothing, they dont sweep or mop, they dont make beds, or clean bathrooms, the only thing they did was take out trash and leave some tiny rough towels in the bathroom!!!!! We will not stay here again! We complained about the air conditioning to management and they did nothing! Only excuse after excuse! Our first time at Carolina beach and we couldnt even relax in our room!!!! If you wonder why there is limited pics on their website this is why!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank thannah2110
Canton, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 April 2011

we checked in on april 11 2011 after an exhausting search for a pet friendly hotel. we didnt ask to see room.what a mistake! Room was deplorable! Reeked of stale cigarettes and other odors when we entered room. This hotel is not even human friendly. They charge 20 dollars a night for pets but the room is not fit for a dog to stay in let alone humans. My spouse who is 72 years old said it was the worst he had ever seen in all his travels. Towels were thread bare and filthy, no lamp, no chair, mattresses were filty. do not consider this place to stay. We left at daylight the next day. Be sure to ask to see room before you pay, or better yet just drive on by!

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank trishnsmitty
Angier, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Traveled with a dog and felt like we were treated like one. Room was so gross, we left and went to sleep in our car on the beach. Sheets had unidentified spots on them, towels and rags looked like they had never been washed, room smelled like cigaretes, with burn marks everywhere, no shower head, and so called mini fridge leaked all over the place. I strongly suggest you not ever stepping foot into office. Trust me, you will be leaving before you know it.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Tarheel13
Middletown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 February 2011

I booked a reservation for this hotel in 2/2011 for a stay in 7/2011. The rates were extremely low, which was the reason for booking this hotel. Two weeks after booking the hotel, the manager contacted us and stated that the rate that was reserved, confirmed and booked was incorrect and that we were going to be charged more. After disputing this, stating that we have a confirmation # for our rate, he stated that he would speak to the owner. The owner, David Pearce(spelling??), refused to take my calls. After persistently calling, Mr. Pearce spoke with me. He told me that since I was refusing to pay the additional charges, he was canceling my reservation and refunding my money. Mr. Pearce did not respect the fact that I had a confirmation # and refused to honor the rate I booked. In essence, too bad so sad! I was completely appalled by the way he treated me, the consumer, before I even stepped foot in his establishment. I can only imagine the service I would receive if I would've made it there in July.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Bennetts7180
Elkhart, Indiana
Reviewed 12 November 2010

my boyfriend, daughter, an two of our friends traved all the way from indiana to see the ocean in the heat without air. We were hoping for a nice place to stay. instead i walked into my room an there was burnt spots in the blankets, an the mini fridge had cigg burns on it. i did not fill comfortable in that room at all. So we were able to get another room which was a little better. i mean the hotel was ok if you dont want to be romantic. I did love how close it was to the ocean. We walked there everyday we were there. Thats where my boyfriend purposed to me so my trip was still worth it.. But next time i vist i will more than likely choose another hotel.. This one was cheap, an close to ocean (only advantage) Oh an Great air!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
#12 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
#14 of 19 in Carolina Beach

Been to Drifters Reef Hotel? Share your experiences!