“Not Consumer Friendly”

Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Middletown, Pennsylvania
“Not Consumer Friendly”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

I booked a reservation for this hotel in 2/2011 for a stay in 7/2011. The rates were extremely low, which was the reason for booking this hotel. Two weeks after booking the hotel, the manager contacted us and stated that the rate that was reserved, confirmed and booked was incorrect and that we were going to be charged more. After disputing this, stating that we have a confirmation # for our rate, he stated that he would speak to the owner. The owner, David Pearce(spelling??), refused to take my calls. After persistently calling, Mr. Pearce spoke with me. He told me that since I was refusing to pay the additional charges, he was canceling my reservation and refunding my money. Mr. Pearce did not respect the fact that I had a confirmation # and refused to honor the rate I booked. In essence, too bad so sad! I was completely appalled by the way he treated me, the consumer, before I even stepped foot in his establishment. I can only imagine the service I would receive if I would've made it there in July.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Bennetts7180

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Elkhart, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

my boyfriend, daughter, an two of our friends traved all the way from indiana to see the ocean in the heat without air. We were hoping for a nice place to stay. instead i walked into my room an there was burnt spots in the blankets, an the mini fridge had cigg burns on it. i did not fill comfortable in that room at all. So we were able to get another room which was a little better. i mean the hotel was ok if you dont want to be romantic. I did love how close it was to the ocean. We walked there everyday we were there. Thats where my boyfriend purposed to me so my trip was still worth it.. But next time i vist i will more than likely choose another hotel.. This one was cheap, an close to ocean (only advantage) Oh an Great air!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank liljshorty218

Travellers are raving about these Carolina Beach hotels

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

I booked a double room @ dry dock.. Drove 31/2 hours with 2 small kids and a small dog and husband. Then the rude lady who runs the place then decided to tell me no dogs allowed & turned us away.. We had to drive around addional 2 hours trying to find somewhere to stay. After almost giving up we find this place and it was amazin.. People was friendly good location restraunt with good food on site big clean rooms nice pool. I have always went to dry dock as a child, but its a dump.. And this hotel was nice with even better prices.. Me and my family had a wonderful time and this hotel was one of the best parts of the whole trip.. Thanks Drifters Reef!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank nativeheart
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2010

Filthy hotel promised us non-smoking room --> rm smelled of smoke, smoke detector damaged, ash tray in rm --> management did nothing. Toilet and other various surfaces had brown material consistent with human waste --> management did nothing. Sheets were much smaller than dirty, stained mattress --> management did nothing.
Please note this hotel is approx 20 min walk from beach along very busy road. Sidewalk some places but not all.
I suggest you find a barn to stay in; at least the animals can't insult you.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank awayfarinstranger
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

This place was so horrible that I could not wait to write a bad review. The bed was so uncomfortable that I had to take a pain pill for my back the next morning. The air conditioning unit in the room sucked. The time we were in the room we were so hot we had to cool ourselves with cold washclothes. The room was small and cramped. There was four of us so not much space to move around. They must have just cleaned the carpet so I guess that was a good thing but there was a very strong cleaner type smell in the room. I don't think the shower even had a shower head on it. The room was way overpriced. I have stayed in $50 a night motels better than this one. I will never ever go back and recommend you don't either.

• Stayed May 2010
3 Thank Swomack70
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

Two of my teenagers had to work Friday and Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. We could not find anywhere that would let us book for just Sunday nighte of a holiday weekend. Then I found Drifter's Reef. They had a recently renovated two bedroom apartment three blocks from the beach that would sleep 7. It had a fully equiped kitchen, two bedrooms, den and game corner with darts and foosball. I had read reviews about the rooms being stale so I brought candles. But to my delight the whole apartment had been recently painted, and carpet replaced and it was VERY CLEAN. All of the other rooms have been recently done too. They let us check in EARLY at 1pm, use the pool late on Monday until 5. We could park there and walk to beach, as beach parking was NON existent Memorial Day weekend. And it was only $139 for one night for the apartment. Anywhere else the 6 of us would have had to get two rooms for more than one night. GREAT VALUE. They have many less expensive rooms, we were just in the largest.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2010

I have stayed here in the past and enjoy coming back. Recently I have enjoyed bringing my dog as they are pet friendly. I believe they are the only pet friendly hotel in the area. Rates are reasonable and you are within walking distance to everything. On my last visit they had recently opened a sports bar and grill called the lazy pirate. I had to try the wings...they were good and the philly cheesesteak my husband had was wonderful. Definately recommend it. They also have a small gocart track for the kids.

• Stayed May 2010