“Just Plain Good!”
Review of Pop's Diner

Pop's Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: After-hours
Description: We are open year round!
New Bedford, Massachusetts
“Just Plain Good!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We hit up Pop's as an afternoon hungover-mid beach lunch! They did not disappoint. I had the cheesesteak, my husband had the Pulled pork and my MIL had a hotdog. We had the mac and cheese bites and hushpuppies with bacon for an app. The mac and cheese bites were a bit too salty for me- the puppies as well. My husband and MIL seemed to like them. My cheesesteak was nearly perfect--> needed mushrooms but they had run out and I think the bread should have been toasted. Other than that-- delightful.

• Visited June 2014

Raleigh NC
“What a Disappointment”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Based on the reviews of others, thought we'd give Pop's a try. I don't know if it was an off night but we ordered a burger and a Chicken sub, fries and Mac n Cheese bites. The burger and sandwich were as expected. The fries were so heavily peppered they were not edible. The Mac n Cheese bites weren't much better. The must use extra spicy cheese. We mentioned both to our server and were met with a shoulder shrug we've all seen before. The crowing touch came when we ordered a Hot Fudge/Ice Cream Brownie. What we got was a brownie with ice cream covered with Hershey's Syrup!! When our waitress came back (finally), we pointed out the errors she took our menu and looked at it "Yeah, you're right.... Should have been hot fudge. Sorry about that... We used to use Hershey's...I'm not used to this new menu." No offer to do anything g other than bring our bill. Nope, mark Pop's Diner off the list of places to eat at the beach

3 Thank jwelch6301
New Bern, North Carolina
“Great late night spot”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

After attending a event, we were a little hungry and searching for a place to eat at 0030. We came across tis little dive and decided to give it a try. All I can say, you shouldn't be disappointed for where your eating. I wanted a good ol' fashion juicy burger and i received it. My wife had a grilled PB&J and raved about how good it was. My waitress was spot on. If you're ever in Carolina Beach and craving great diner food, this is your spot.

PS, when looking at the menu, please not they don't sell sandwiches, they sell SAMMICHES!!!

Wetmore, Michigan
“Good little diner”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Ate here several times, both as a couple and with family. Great diner food. Excellent burgers. Portions are plentiful. We were here in the off season, so had no problems getting seated. Seems that it would be swamped in the summer. Service was very good.
Cute atmosphere. Will return.

• Visited April 2014
“Never disappointed”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Another great meal!! I absolutely love this place. The food is always delicious, the service is great and the restaurant is so clean, which is impressive. You must save room for dessert, the Heath bar pie is to die for. There is nothing like this place in Carolina beach. You gotta check it out, if you are a night owl they are open right now until 3 am every Friday and Saturday, which totally rocks!