“Seafood, including Calabash style!”

Ocean Grill & Tiki Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Calabash is on the menu here! It is well worth the trip to this establishment just to experience the true Calabash style of seafood preparation, unique to North Carolina. You will NOT find this anywhere else in the world. There are items on the menu for all tastes, so even the picky kids will find something to enjoy. It is a good variety of fresh items, plus salads with interesting dressings, and great desserts. The wine list is above average.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

My husband I were looking for a waterfront restaurant that was near our hotel and this was really the only choice. We were pleased with the view of the beach from the upstairs dining room.

The food was average. Fried food was billed as "calabash style" but was a bit heavier than real Calabash fried food. And unlike in Calabash.. the hush puppies were horrible. They were overcooked and tasteless.

We were there off season so the restaurant was not crowded or noisy.

Parking tip: Park across the street from the restaurant. Parking in the beach side lot is for the hotels not for this restaurant.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

The Tiki Bar has some great drinks and the atmosphere is unbeatable. All of their specialty drinks are good and they have a decent beer selection. I have eaten there a number of times and haven't been disappointed. Here are some of my favorites.

Crispy Artichoke Hearts
Fried Oysters
Beet, Arugula, and Goat Cheese Panini

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

The view from upstairs is awesome, the service was great, but the food was only so-so. It wasn't anything special and it was expensive for what you got. The drinks weren't very good either. I really wanted to like this place, but I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Golden Sands so this restaurant is very convent. The menu is limited - not a big selection. But what we had was very good. My wife and I ate there three times. Mostly had the flounder and burger and would share. Believe or not but they make a great burger and flounder sandwich is excellent. The view of the ocean is a big plus. Hush puppies are good. Service is good. This was during off season so I don't know what the busy time is like. I would recommend if you are in the area.