“I'd give it 3.5, better than average but not much”

Ocean Grill & Tiki Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The setup is cool and probably what you go for. Unfortunately on this windy, nearly-chilly day we didn't get to enjoy the tiki bar, although we did sit outside next to the building. for lunch.

Everything was fine, however nothing really stuck out to me. My wife really enjoyed the fish tacos, which she got with the fresh catch - Tuna. I had the same, but with the fresh catch - Sea Bass and wasn't nearly as flavorful. The salsa that came along with those was good, but the chips were kinda stale.

My mom's salad was just okay and not that big. Hush puppies were okay at best (maybe should've opted for the shrimp puppies?). We also tried the Agave Margarita and while it didn't have a bunch of junk fillers, it also didn't have much tequilla.

I'd try this place again on a nice day just to sit out at the tiki bar. But when lunch for 3 + toddler, plus 2 margaritas runs you $80 (tip included), I expect something that makes me really want to come back again, which is not the case. The service was very good, which is another reason to return.

There are newer reviews for Ocean Grill & Tiki Bar

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Although I have been to the Ocean Grill several times, there is one sandwich that I keep going back for. That is the Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Panini on sourdough. Its lite and refreshing and all around great taste. It comes with your choice of fries or salad and coleslaw.
I usually sit upstairs next to the window so I can look at the ocean. It also has an outside pier and bar that is the only one on Carolina Beach where you can sit and listen to the waves and the seagulls and drink in the beauty. I can not recommend anything else as I am stuck on the Panini sandwich. The restaurant is clean and the staff friendly.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Very expensive for a casual dining situation. Atmosphere extremely loud and tense (large table of rowdy customers who were also drinking alcoholic beverages). Spoke to waitress and management to no avail. Decided to pack up our meals and leave. Management did not offer a discount for dissatisfaction or to even give us a senior or child discount. Seafood average, salty. Nothing special. Husband, 77yrs old, grandson, 11yrs old and I ate seafood platter (fish/oysters) and had a bill of almost $78 (not including gratuity)! Will NOT be returning to this restaurant

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Visited from NY, had high hopes for some great seafood. The grouper tacos were excellent. Unfortunately I went on a week it was just as cold & windy in NC as in NY, so we couldn't sit at the tiki bar. But I had some great margaritas inside upstairs before we ordered our late lunch. We were one of the only tables in the restaurant as it was early in the day, so I expected a bit better service, but the food & view out the window made up for it. Can't wait to come back and try the tiki bar this May!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is one of the few restaurants in the area that is right on the ocean! They have a Tiki bar on a pier, as well as indoor and porch dining, all with wonderful views! The food was fast, fresh, and delicious! The Agave Margarita was incredible! The service was fantastic! We ate there 2 nights in a row and look forward to going back!