“A terrible experience”
Review of Mermaid Manor

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Mermaid Manor
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
“A terrible experience”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Me and my kids had a terrible time they false advertised there are no 2 bedroom suites no stoves in the rooms the managers stayed drunk and lastly they are racist please don't waste your money please do your homework

• Stayed June 2013
8 Thank cutelissa

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Southern Pines, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Why anyone, who has any experience vacationing at a beach, complains about Mermaid Manor, mystifies me. Yes, it is rustic. Mermaid Manor is ocean front even though there is a sand dune--sand dunes are a component of a healthy beach. Towels, sheets, soap, toilet paper, microwave, and mini refrigerator are provided and they are clean and fresh. One guest's review complained that she and her family/teen-agers were ousted due to creating a disturbance. My response to that is: no sympathy--there was a family staying above me that had two very large teen-age "boys" who sounded like a herd of elephants as they tromped around above my head, moved furniture, opened futons (or were they dropped barbells?), etc. until midnight, not to mention that the volume on the TV seemed to be turned as high as possible. (So entitled, rude, and inconsiderate...who were these people?) I complained the next day and that was the end of that. It was amazing how quiet they could be when necessary. I never heard any noise from any other unit as other guests were aware of their surroundings and considerate. Yes, guests have to walk across the street to park their cars. It is not far at all! There is a space next to the building where guests can conveniently unload when registering and load up when leaving. Good restaurants are very close. I loved the casual atmosphere. The managers were attentive and responsive. A great time! Best of all--I was able to bring my black lab.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank EED5
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I rented this room for 1 night. Told the lady at the desk that it was 4 of us. We was kicked out in the middle of the night because my teenage son and his friends came to the room. I was told she didn't rent the room to them. The lady was extremely drunk and causing a ruckus. I gathered our things and left. She began leaving drunk threatening voice mails on my phone. I couldn't even get a refund for the room!

• Stayed June 2013
7 Thank Us123we

Travellers are raving about these Carolina Beach hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Remember when you went to the beach as a child? If you are looking for what going to the beach used to be like you've come to the right place. No big chain, ultra modern put ons. This is a family run business. Come on in, throw your gear outback. Track too much sand in your room? There's the broom. Sure the place is older, but that is what gives it it's charm! My room was first floor, on the small side, but hey, the real action is outside. We are at the beach. Lots of towels, clean linen, soap, AND toilet paper. There is an old bookcase in the hallway filled with reading material. Lots of rockers for porch time. Swimming pool was very clean, lots of chairs, and even bicycles. Out the back door, across the boardwalk, and BEACH. Would I stay there again? Yes! Parking is across the street, but you can unload your stuff practically at the door if need be. Pets are allowed and Gibby's across the way will allow them to dine with you on the back terrace. You can eat outback overlooking the boat docks. If you want, you can ride up to Fort Fisher info center, here your dog, on 6 foot leash, can go out with you to the water.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie D
Burlington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Thanks Patty and Dave for your wonderful hospitality! We had a wonderful beach trip this year. I loved our stay at the Mermaid Manor. This is the second time I have stayed at the Mermaid Manor and they continue to make renovations. I was very happy with the suite we had. It fit my whole family and was very comfortable and affordable. I think the manor has a warm and home like atmosphere. We cooked out while we were there, which was great. My grandchildren had a great time swimming in the pool, going to the beach, and the boardwalk. Patty was always making sure we were comfortable and had what we needed. We never had to ask for a thing. Plenty of parking. What I love about the manor is it is a great place for families. Lots of children having fun but calm and peaceful. We will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Anna J
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed this past week .And last year around this same time and it is all repainted new paint,Fireplace in the room new dishes etc. and the shower seems all new. and toilets to. Much better then last year i will add pictures soon.

Room Tip: 2nd floor has ocean views. their are three covered porches two on the ocean side and one looks at t...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank bigolhog
Burlington, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 March 2013

For a last minute deal it was more than to be expected. We checked out all the reviews when we got back home and we were very suprised at what had been said and the pictures on line. They have changed alot of the appreance to a BRIGHTER PURPLE & LIME GREEN and rooms have been painted and updated to a bit. My wife and I was there for a weekend with our 2 cats which are our kids and we had no real complaints or concerns. Yea parking is a little off but what do you expect for being at place that is ocean front and alot of construction going on REALLY. If you want valet parking then you dont need to stay here. We are easy going people that wanted to get away at the last minute and it was Easter weekend so you know what I would recommend this place and I also recommend that there needs to be updated pictures on line.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple