“nasty/nasty/joke/never/never/again awful”
Review of Mermaid Manor

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Mermaid Manor
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
tazewell.va
“nasty/nasty/joke/never/never/again awful”
Reviewed 23 August 2010

i dont know who they got to write all this nice wonderful nonsense about this place but i will tell you what i saw with my owne eyes who ever you are you are not telling the truth this place needs to be closed and a pad lock put on the doorhow i wish we could get our money back we were lead to belive just as others fr.the pictures what a great place this was lady if you have any morles you will reinburse me and all the others how can you dothis to your fellow man and sleep at night GOD in the end will prevail one day you will fase up to the great JUDGE do you even know what is going on in that place now to those who say this is such a great place you are nuts and to whom ever put the pics.on how true because my daughter took pics.to under the beds the fan blades the windows and i could go on and onand by the way what happned as you so say on the web page small kitchens joke hot plate not even a chair in room to sit on a lundry tub for a sink joke no mirrow in bath or bed room joke ipots and pans look like you had fride screws and nailes in them when some one rents a room they should non have to clean it before they use it first we get the clorox2 out mnd clean what then we use paper and plastic .help some one please read this and heed do not go there she will take your credit card and will not refund oooo so well sucker got you this is how i see it we who know what ew went thrue need an attorney she needs to learn you dont do people like this well i hope it is stoped soon

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
8 Thank Tazewell_vaMom

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
North Carolina
Reviewed 18 August 2010

The owner and staff were very nice and extremely helpful. Parking is right across the street, not miles away as previous reviewers have tried to indicate. It is directly on the beach and only a couple of blocks (3 minute walk) from the Boardwalk/Carnival. Amazing time! Great to sit out on the back porch and listen to the waves. Don't have to worry about "closing hours" for pool but also small enough that everyone is respectful. Felt almost like staying in a beach house. Won't ever stay anywhere else in Carolina Beach.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Huntersville, NC
Reviewed 5 August 2010

First, I've read the other reviews and each had a kernel of truth (except for the one that gave it 5 out of 5 --- what planet are you living on?). There was both good and bad. Here are some of the good points I've captured from my stay:

1. Right on the beach -- Very good location!
2. Neighbors were fairly quiet
3. Dog friendly
4. The on-sight managers were very friendly
5. Not only located on the beach, but had a pool and a balcony overlooking both the pool and the beach
6. Close to the local boardwalk and carnival

But, there were also bad points about the manor. Here are the not-so-pleasant parts of our stay:

1. Room was dirty, smelly, moldy and all of the other ee's that you can think of.
2. Landlord stated that it had a small two burner stove (turned out to be a hot-plate).
3. One sink did not work and the shower was short with hot/cold tendencies
4. On the website, it said it had free WIFI. Well, it was one DSL wireless router in the manager's office. The connection was spotty at best and I think the internet pipe was very small (say around 768kps).
5. Parking was off-site.
6. Air-conditioners were old window units (very noisy)
7. Had cockroaches and wasps in our unit (dead ones now)!
8. Battery was missing from the smoke detector
9. EVERYONE staying there chained smoked! -- I hate smoke!
10. The lodging was pet friendly but, the beach was not.
11. The furniture was very old and had obvious ware.

I'm sorry, I place a high value on cleanliness and value. I will accept a lower cleanliness for a great value, but as it stands, I paid quite a bit to stay at this place. I expected more. I guess that is what you get when you travel with pets. Next time I will board our dog.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank PelicanJoe

Travellers are raving about these Carolina Beach hotels

Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 13 June 2010

The owners were so nice, everyone was nice the people who were doing work there and even down to the guy who cleaned the pool every morning! It was so relaxing,loved that porch! Everything was walking distance,great restaurant across the street! I can't wait to go back again! My dog even loved it!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 June 2010

The location is great,, ,,only steps to the beach and maybe a block to the boardwalk, the owners were very nice people and seemed to really be concerned that we have a nice stay......
This is a pet friendly hotel which is why we booked here and that turned out nice as well,,,
We just had a single room , but it was very clean and the bathroom was clean as well,,,the room was not very big,,but we expected that,,, so no problem there,,we did look at some of the larger rooms while we were there and they too were very nice and clean.
so if your looking for a nice get away at a excellent location you cant go wrong with this place,,,we will defintely be back!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Green Lane, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 June 2010

Our kids loved the oceanfront beach and pool. We loved having 2 rooms in our suite.Having the kitchen and grills was not only convienant ,but saved us money as well.Being so close to the boardwalk was a real plus without the noise . Very quiet and clean. Inn keepers couldn't have been any more helpful or nicer.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed 7 April 2010

Today is Wednesday, suppose to stay until Sunday. I am looking for another place to stay NOW. I took pics of the "Molded" windows, NASTY refrigerator, floors, shower, sink, Entire place. Went to CVS, printed pictures, & went straight to the Chamber of Commerce. I also contacted the Environmental Health Dept. I suggest anyone with the same issues, please write to the Chamber of Commerce @ Carolina Beach. It needs to be closed down, & Bulldozed or burned down completely.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo