“This place needs the food network show "restaurant impossible"”
Review of The Landing - CLOSED

The Landing
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We wanted seafood for dinner and this place was the only one with a few parking places, that should have been the tip off. We got a table pretty quick but the problem was the table was so rickety that I stood up. We and 4 other tables waited about 30 minutes to just get water. The reason we were served was I went into the server area and got someone. One couple left and we moved to their table. Why did we stay? Labor day weekend major crowds. When the food got there it was actually good. This is on a corner lot close to the beach could be so successful under new management.

1  Thank shelley511972

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We ate here last night and we should have walked out when seeing the sanitation grade...82, almost a C. The prices were too high. I ordered shrimp stamps and all i got was a few shrimp in some noodles for 17.00. My daughter ordered a salad, fries, and hushpuppies. She got her salad right away with wrong dressing. The fries took so long the waitress told us that she took them off the ticket. We practically had to beg for them for our 5 yr old...sad. then the spaced out waitress informed us they didn't serve hushpuppies. Terrible experience. Don't go. The staff seemed like they were walking around in a daze. Bill was 52.00, and it wasn't worth 5. Again, do not go.

1  Thank sunshine75t
Reviewed 9 July 2013

It was 7pm and we were starving. We walked in and waited a good 5 min before someone even looked our way. The place was empty aside from some drunks at the bar. My husband said lets go but kids were hungry and we were already there. We waited another 10 min before the waitress even brought us menus, another 10 for 4 waters and a total of 45 more minutes for our food. My husbands fish tacos were gross, and the kids pizzas were nasty and still cold. I ordered a flounder PO boy and it was decent. None of which was worth over an hours wait. It took her another 15 just to bring us our check and another 10 to take the card. It wasn't even like the joint was busy! It was just us!! Never. Again.

1  Thank NY2NC_07
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

I've ate here more than once hoping it would get better and never did. The service is Awful! I have sat inside and on the rooftop deck and experience was the same. You'll be waiting forever for everything. The food was not good at all and was cold. Not to mention the menu choices were slim. We won't be returning.

Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

We used to go to the Tangerine when we made our annual trips to Carolina Beach. We saw that it was called the Landing but were not worried and had to go back to our hangout. The service was super slow and we were the only ones on the patio. They overcharged us for our drinks and the food was not worth the price. Sad to see that one of our hangout a has changed.

1  Thank NancyMde