Russo's Motel
US$114
US$192
US$172
Hampton.com
Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$182
Oceaneer Motel(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$117
Surfside Lodge(Carolina Beach)
US$100
  • Pool
Drydock Motel(Carolina Beach)
US$101
Travelocity
Golden Sands(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$112
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We love it!!!!!! My family an I really enjoyed our stay, its very peaceful an relaxing, the boys really enjoyed the swimming pool, the managers are very friendly, We cant wait until next year to come back!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ginger M
RussosMotel, Manager at Russo's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Thank you Ginger for your review! We enjoyed having you and your family stay with us and look forward to seeing all of you on your next visit!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

The two good things were the location and the people running it were nice.

The bad: The sheets on the bed were not clean, the comforter had burned marks and some stains that were rather bad. You had to pull the door hard to make sure it locked otherwise you could still just push it open. The security lock was on backwards so it did not work. The closet was big but there was another door to join the room next to ours in the closet, it had a slide lock like a bathroom door, which would not hold if anyone wanted to come in. We had people on either side of us, one had 8 people in the room and they all stood in front of our room and smoked and drank. The rooms have 2 beds only, so not sure how they got away with that many in the room. I had to get up and ask them to be quiet after one in the morning so we could sleep. The shower had no pressure and only a few streams of water that worked. It would shift from hot to cold and never hold an even temperature. The parking lot is small and hard to get in and out of, plus it was a first come first serve so if it was full, you had to park around behind the motel in the grass. We had a group there and someone just walked right in to our friends room while they were getting ready and they had half of a security lock on their door. I was not comfortable here at all because day or night our room was surrounded with lots of people smoking and drinking, the locks were a problem so it was hard to feel safe. There was a huge gap under our door, so lots of flies came in that way. Overall, not a good experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank retired1m2
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This motel is terrible. My family always go to hotel and motel but this motel is so terrible. they throw the receipt on us. They scream , we stay in the room for about 10 mins and we wanted our refund back so they did but they took 40 dollars away , charge us for cleaning . nobody even use the bathroom and even sit on the bed. They made alot of excuses and called the police on us. i don't recommend this motel to nobody.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin M
RussosMotel, Manager at Russo's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

When you and your adult relative came into our office, we explained to you that we only had one room available and it had two FULL SIZED beds. You translated what I had said and the man agreed and paid for the room. Your family went into the room and stayed for about 30 minutes, at which time the two of you came back to the office and said you wanted a refund because the room was too small. I informed you of our no refund policy and showed you the sign. After calling the owner, he agreed to refund your money, minus a $40.00 cleaning fee. The bathroom had been used and both of the beds had been sat/laid on. So we would have to pay our housekeeper to go back into the room to reclean. The adult handed me his card and I gave him a refund. I laid his card on the counter, which he took back. When I tried to hand him his receipt for the refund, he refused to take it, so I placed it on the counter where the wind from the ceiling fan blew it off. All of this took place while the 2 of you were screaming and yelling in the office. After the refund I asked you to leave the property and you refused. THAT is when I had no choice but to call the police. I think that the language barrier might have played a part in this whole situation and I am sorry that your family left unhappy. The $40.00 cleaning fee is our policy when a situation occurs. You wouldn't want to go into a room someone had been in before you, and no one cleaned up after them, would you?

Reviewed 5 July 2013

My Husband and I have stayed at Russo's hotel twice now, and each time we have been so excited about staying. The rooms are perfect, and view is great, and its just a walk down the rd to the beach. I am looking at coming back some time soon, We absolutely LOVE staying at the Russo's Motel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
RussosMotel, Manager at Russo's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next visit to Carolina Beach!

Tammy Rackley
Manager

Reviewed 14 April 2012

fleas in the room and the management did not seem concerned about situation and refused to give a refund they offered another room but fleas can travel from room to room

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Geraldine M
RussosMotel, Manager at Russo's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

We are sorry that you weren't happy with your room. However, I don't know how you can say we (the management) weren't worried about it. We immediately went up to the room to inspect it. We offered to upgrade you to a new room, which you refused. There is a sign in our office where you checked in stating that there are No Refunds. After our inspection of the room, we found only 1 flea in the whole room and that was on the bed you had already turned down and sat on. You told us you had pets at home, so it is likely that the "fleas" you saw were on you when you came into the room. We tried to correct the problem and we are sorry you had to leave. Thank you. Darrell & Tammy Rackley, Managers.