“unassuming excellence” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Lenoir NC
“unassuming excellence”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We checked reviews and stopped in last night...what a surprise. This is a small place with one server..they were constantly busy but the food and service were excellent. Would certainly return

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Wilkesboro, NC
“Deliciously Authentic Thai Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

First trip to Carolina Beach and searching for a Thai restaurant, Ida Thai Cuisine seemed highly recommended by reviews. Tried and true, it was one of our BEST meals! My husband lived in Thailand for 5 years so whenever we vacation we always seek out Thai restaurants. The food is truly authentic tasting Thai. I had the Pad Woonsen with chicken. It was load with chicken pieces and lots of delicious mixed vegetables. My husband started with the Beef Salad and then chose the Spicy Basil Mixed Seafood. Both meals were excellent and the prices very reasonable. I must admit, I was reluctant when we first pulled in to park. Do not judge this book, (or should I say restaurant), by its cover. It is very small in size but huge in flavor! From where we sat, everything looked very clean. Business was brisk as the tables kept filling up and take out orders seemed almost continuous. I believe this restaurant is a little gem in the area. Whether you eat in or take out, I think you will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Eat here again in a minute”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Wow! Tiny place...new to me, and I go to Carolina Beach most every year. Food is superb. Small place (as noted by other reviewers). They seem to do a great take-out business; so if there's no room for you to sit when your arrive...peruse the menu, and take some food back to your hotel/rental house.

My 9 year old grandson, who is not food-adventurous, ordered the 'American Food' and he was happy. The rest of us totally enjoyed the Thai food offerings.

• Visited July 2013
Churchville, New York
“Small with a Big Bang”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Place is small, clean and cute. I ordered the pad Thai and the portion looked small but it was the perfect amount. You are served a complimentary cup of soup and the day we went was chicken noodle and that is better than your mothers. Plus we had the crab Rangoon which was being made fresh at that moment. This a must with every visit to Carolina Beach

• Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh
“Small interior, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

There are just a handful of tables inside (maybe eight or so?). The patio does have another four or five tables. The patio lacks any, um, ambiance. Basically, it looks like they decided they needed more tables, so they stuck some umbrella tables on a concrete slab. Your view is the parking lot and the highway into town.

That being said, the staff is over-the-top friendly (brought out multiple citronella candles, helped us place them for optimal protection, etc.). Waters were quickly refilled and at least two staff members were checking on us regularly.

The food was up to par for Thai. I ordered the Thai Basil with tofu. The tofu was perfectly cooked - slightly crispy but not tough. Lots of basil flavor and the spice was to the level I was hoping with the number I chose (I think I ordered it 7 spicy - good kick, but not so spicy that all I tasted was heat). My children all ordered Thai chicken fried rice. They put extra chicken in it for them and made a child size portion.

Overall, great food!