“Authentic Thai”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My wife and daughter and son in law stopped here simply by driving by after spending a day at Kure Beach, just south of the restaurant. We had no idea what to expect. When I went in to ask for a menu, the friendly staff was very accomodating. We found the selection, explanation when asked about various entrees, and service to be outstanding! The best part though was the food!

I wish we lived closer than 3.5 hours away!

Excellent value, and excellent food. Not a classy atmosphere, but not bad either, and the restrooms were clean as well.

We'll definitely return on our next trip to the beach.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Never really eaten Thai food, but saw that this establishment was ranked as one of the best restaurants in Carolina Beach, so my husband and I went there to celebrate our anniversary. The waitress was very helpful in helping us decide what to order. Had the delicious Pineapple Rice and also ordered Green Curry. Absolutely loved both dishes. The food was very fresh and the spices were very subtle, yet potent. Although we were full, the owner sent a complimentary piece of Coconut Cake that was out of this world! Will definitely go back to this restaurant every time we are at the beach...two thumbs up :-)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I live in the area but had never eaten at the Ida Thai.
So we made it a date night and oh, what a fantastic meal. He ordered the spicy basil, I ordered the sweet and sour chicken.
They were both fabulous. I loved my husbands dish the best.
We ordered the jumbo shrimp as our appetizer and it was so, so good!
Loved how fresh everything was and we will dine there more often. Everyone should go, but go early....it's a quaint location!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Awesome Thai food, hands down. The staff is friendly, very welcoming, and helpful. The food turned out to be some of the best Thai food we have had with something for everybody.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were getting close to Carolina Beach today and I told my wife she should check with Tripadvisor and see what restaurants were recommended. She did and when she read a few of the reviews of Ida Thai I knew we would have to try it out.
We pulled in and we were the only car in the parking lot. This set off alarm bells for me but it was 3:30 in the afternoon so I figured we were between the lunch and dinner rush and decided to try it anyway. GREAT DECISION!
The food was absolutely delicious! I had the Sweet and Sour Chicken and it was the most unusual and tasty meals I have ever had. My wife had the Beef and Broccoli and she was more than pleased with her meal. The ingredients for both meals seemed to be right from the garden and some of the most flavorful I have ever had in Thai food.
The server, whose name I failed to catch, couldn't have been more attentive and personable. She said she had moved here from Nevada and had only been here 2 years, but she took time to talk with us about our vacation and was just a delight to talk with.
I would highly recommend Ida Thai for some of the best Thai food you will ever encounter.