“Amazing beach restaurant!”

Price range: US$12 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Online menu through review websites may not reflect current menu. Please visit official restaurant website to see up to date menus.
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I love Surf House, every time we come to Carolina Beach, we make it a point to eat here now. My husband and I randomly stopped here for dinner while we were at the beach for his birthday. The decor is very cute, it is clean and very "beachy". It is by no means fancy, but more of a place that is very comfortable and inviting. The food here is just amazing. We had the beef tips appetizer and it was DELICIOUS. I had the NC Catfish which was one of the best seafood meals I have ever had!! My husband had the mahi-mahi which was also incredible. They also had a special on whiskeys that night, which my husband appreciated. The staff here is very nice. They also have a Sunday brunch menu that we've had since our first visit, which is also super tasty! Overall, in my opinion this is one of the best restaurants on the beach. And it also happens to be a great value!

1  Thank chanmarie

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I went here for a girls day lunch. We are all out of towners. It was very excellent also we happened to be there on 1/2 price steamers day. Yeay for us!
The decor is very basic ... or rather minimal. Wooden tables and some bright art on the wall. There is a small surf store in the place and it is is obvious that the entire staff are surfers.
The food was out of this world. All 8 of us loved it. We also all ordered drinks off the menu which were yummy and creative.
Must eat!!

1  Thank kimberlina01
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Wanted lunch before leaving town. Impromptu sign on door says closing early at 1 to surf. Well what the heck time were you open for lunch at???

2  Thank ChefCass
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The staff was really friendly, laid-back and down to earth. Our food and drinks were pretty good. Very creative salads, free-range chicken and interesting mixed drinks. We would definitely go back if we were in the area visiting. I love little spots like this!

1  Thank MissAngel313
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We had high expectations with all of the glowing reviews on tripadvisor. We ordered a martini and a cosmo, the cosmo the waitress had never heard of and the bartender didn't know how to make nor had the ingredients to make. The martini I walked them through. They said the owner wanted to be more of a whiskey bar, Ok but don't eliminate an entire revenue stream, just have a nice choice of whiskeys and make sure people know about them. I ordered wine, it just said it was from California so I had no way of knowing what I was drinking. No wine list at all, again another grave error which will literally cost them. The food was mediocre at best. While the shrimp and grits had a nice flavor it was shrimp, grit cakes in a broth that covered everything, very weird, more like a soup. I ordered the Wahoo first but the waitress said it was going to be served medium rare which I was not having, it is supposed to be served when it flakes easily and that is not medium rare. Everyone was nice but terribly inexperienced, I wish they would get the training they need so they can be a real restaurant. In the meantime, I regret the money we spent there that night, our daughter was treating us and I felt bad for her. I will be a little more suspicious next time when reading trip advisor reviews which is unfortunate because I have been an avid fan for years and an active contributor.

1  Thank brownfalcon