“Sublime”

Price range: US$12 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Online menu through review websites may not reflect current menu. Please visit official restaurant website to see up to date menus.
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Don't be put off by the low key strip mall facade, this restaurant is on par with the best there is. The interior is small, so on a busy weekend make a reservation. Our server was friendly and informative about the menu and the special. We started with a funky bourbon based cocktail and a mojito, then we tried the avocado smoked trout dip which had a delicate smokey flavor and just a hint of spicy; served on toasted baguette slices, very good. Next we had the grouper special served on black rice and the grilled trout with sweet potato. Both fish were cooked perfectly and the accompanying sides were also. Excellent marriage of flavors. Even though we were stuffed, portions are well sized, we shared a key lime pie cup. Fantastic, most definitely homemade nothing powdered or prepared here. Not a big children's menu, but we did see some teens and preteens with families. Don't miss Surf House on you next trip to the Carolina Beach.

4  Thank Megstwin

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Best fish tacos I've ever had and the little picked radish and arugula salad on the side was just amazing.

2  Thank Mustntdillyordally
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Great food. I ordered catch of the day. It was red snapper. They really know how to cook fish. Nicely seasoned and the skin was crispy. Only place I ate at that knew how to season there food. Didn't need to reach for the salt. The drinks were very good as well the service very good. I would eat here again.

3  Thank LAS3760
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Perhaps one of the better seafood restaurants we had the opportunity to eat just, Surf House features local seafood, produce, and meats. The result is tasty food, well-composed, and superbly executed.

Not to be missed - the watermelon salad, oysters (try both raw and roasted), shrimp and grits, and catfish. They also have some original drinks noteworthy of attention - their 'Bubbly Mojito' and 'Clean Slate' - which deserves credit onto the personable bartender.

This is a restaurant well worth your time and money that elevates the culinary experience in Carolina Beach.

2  Thank McPhisto76
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Dined here on advice from the owners of Beacon House B&B ( their favorite restaurant in CB). Very plain looking on the outside. Went at 5:30 pm on the Saturday after July 4th...not a single car in the parking lot & only one other couple inside. I was having my doubts. The interior is as plain as the outside. Looked to me like someone decided to open a restaurant at the last minute & just set up some tables, hired a staff, ran off a few menus & voila...restaurant. But, my initial impression was misguided. The staff was great. Just about any kind of drink you could want is available. There is a wide variety of appetizers, sides, and entrees. Entrees range from brisket, to chicken, to clams, to fish, etc.,...I had the "catch of the day" grouper & my wife had the shrimp & grits. Both were excellent. The grouper tasted very fresh...like they just ran down to the dock and took it right off the boat. Entrees were $15 - $22....This is not your typical fried seafood house...the food quality is much better. Will dine here again next visit to CB..

4  Thank Grady A