“Fun way to spend the afternoon!”
Review of Tasting History

Tasting History
Augusta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun way to spend the afternoon!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We did the Tasting History tour at Carolina Beach on July 2. It was a lot of walking, but we enjoyed all the stops along the way. The hosts, John and Jeff, were very knowledgeable and made us feel right at home. It was literally one of the highlights of our week and actually a lot of fun.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank tcocgirl

Carolina Beach, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A great team-building experience!”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

As the Front Desk Supervisor at the Courtyard Carolina Beach, I schedule monthly meetings. For our June meeting I asked the Front Desk Supervisor at our sister hotel, The Fairfield Inn in Wilmington to join us. Both hotels have associates that do not live on Carolina Beach, but try to promote local businesses. How do you promote places that you have not visited or have little knowledge of? The Tasting History Tour! For 2 1/2+ hours we were treated to some of the best food and wine from 5 local Carolina Beach establishments, Along this walking tour, we had a very knowledgeable history tour guide that told interesting and entertaining stories about the area and it's history. The twelve of us, some whom have lived here all their lives and others that are new to the area, learned a lot and left the tour full and happy! I recommend this tour for everyone, locals and tourists.

Visited June 2013
4 Thank Joyce T
Butler, PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Well worth the trip”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My friend and I were looking for something interesting to do in the Wilmington area and came across this guided tour at the last minute. From the moment that I called to order tickets, to the last wave good-bye, Brinley & Amy -the tour guides- were friendly, outgoing, excited, and knowledgeable. The food we sampled was just as good as the history that we learned.

Kristi A

Visited July 2011
5 Thank KristiA11
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great way to see, taste, and experience the history and culture of Pleasure Island!”
Reviewed 12 July 2011

This tour was fantastic! I learned so much and was incredibly full from the wide variety of food, which I was afraid I wouldn't be because I have Celiac disease (gluten intolerance). The guides went out of their way to accomodate my allergy. But make sure that if you have an allergy to call in advance to alert them. Also remember to bring your ID. I was lucky enough to win a free drink a one restaurant but didn't have my ID so I had to donate my drink to someone else.

If you are able to walk the 2 miles over 2 1/2 hours, definately take this tour. The amount of food you receive and information you learn is worth much more than what it actually costs. I will definitely take this tour again!

7 Thank Mtarheel12