“I eat there every couple months”

Uncle Vinny's Pizzeria Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“I eat there every couple months”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Being a local I eat there at least one every two months. I am one of those that finds a couple of I really like and continue to reorder them. I have been very happy with their food

Visited May 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Best dining at Carolina Beach”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We've pretty much tried all the other venues in this town and understand why so many come and go so quickly. Since it opened, we've been to Uncle Vinny's many times and have never been disappointed. What's not to like: great Italian food (better than most in NC) beer, wine, great desserts. If you want something scrumptious and out of the ordinary, try the "other" eggplant dish (not the parmesan, I believe it's rollatini): unique and unbelievable! We also have the caprese salad as a sandwich on ciabatta (they make great bread): heavenly (maybe they'll add it to their menu sandwich selection some day). Can't get cannoli like theirs anywhere else along the SE coast. Oh, and it's very reasonably priced. Walk there and back from the beach; you'll need to to work of some of the calories!

• Visited September 2013
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Excellent value!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Very pleasantly surprised by the very good quality of the pasta and the New York style pizza. Very friendly service. Will definitely return.

• Visited September 2013
Kure Beach, North Carolina
“Great pizza”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

It is hard to find good pizza. Most of the available pies are chains that have an emphasis on speed and volume. Uncle Vinny's Combo Pizza is not like any of the commercial junk available. It is full of quality ingredients and cooked perfectly.

• Visited July 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“Excellent pizza and value.”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

After a trip to the Fort Fisher Aquarium and Battlefield site, we decided to grab a pizza for lunch and stopped at Uncle Vinny's on the way back to Carolina Beach. Good call by the Mrs.!

We got a large pizza with pepperoni and jalapenos on half with the other half sporting Italian sausage, mushrooms and spinach. It was a delicious New York style pie. My wife would have like the crust a little crispier, but that was a minor thing. Personally, I thought the crust was fine. The waiter quickly brought a cup of marinara sauce when my wife requested one for dipping the crust. The toppings were plentiful and well-blended.

The prices were very good and I think Uncle Vinny's would be a good place to bring a family for a quality meal at reasonable prices.

I also liked the Frank Sinatra, Bobby Darin, Dean Martin, etc. music. Always a good thing in a pizza place.

We might try a different pizza restaurant on our next trip to Carolina Beach just to try something else, but I would be glad to satisfy a pizza hankering with another trip to Uncle Vinny's.

• Visited August 2013