“Paddle boarding lesson.”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Odysea Surf and Kiteboard School
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We took paddle board lessons from Odysea this summer. My husband and I were feeling a little nervous beforehand. The instructors quickly set us at ease and then continued to insure we had a good time. They let us stop a couple of times to enjoy the scenery, rehydrate, and give our toes a break. It was so great to see a different part of the coastal ecosystem while getting a some exercise. We highly recommend these guys. It was a great experience!

1  Thank amygp
Reviewed 28 September 2011

The last time I tried surfing was probably 20 years ago- paddle, paddle, paddle, fall. Paddle, paddle, paddle, fall! Finally gave up and figured you needed to be a lot younger than I was then, or superhuman. But my folks just moved to the beach and the kids were interested in trying surfing and my painful memories have faded some...so contacted Odysea Surf School and tried one more time. What a great decision! Despite cool weather and small waves, the friendly crew had all four of us popping up and surfing in no time. Admittedly we still have plenty to learn (especially me) but now it seems possible and fun. We're all eager to surf again!
We took our class on Oak Island, but they also teach out of Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach and Carolina Beach.
Anyway, great teachers, great equipment (foam longboards), great price and a great time.

1  Thank mdmss