“Best Place to Eat”

A & G Barbecue & Chicken
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Walkertown, North Carolina, United States
“Best Place to Eat”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

A&G Barbecue & Chicken has the best food and is reasonably priced. The barbecue is eastern style and is great. The vegatable platter is very good, too. I haven't ever tasted anything that was greasy or bad. This place is closed on every Monday, but open all other days.

Visited August 2013

Roanoke, Virginia
“Good small-town drive-in food.”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

A&G Barbecue and Chicken is what is. If you grew up in a small town, you probably have great memories of a similar place your family and friends went to regularly. My wife and I decided to grab lunch here as we prepared to leave Carolina Beach and found the food reminded us of a little drive-in in my hometown (Dude's).

The burgers and toppings were fresh. The fries were hot and good. The prices are a bit higher than your small town drive-in, but what you would expect in a beach town.

This is a great place for a quick bite for lunch as you get away from the sand and surf for a little while, I would also suggest it as a good, low-cost option for families with small children who can be a little hard to corral in a sit-down restaurant. The eat-in area is small, but they do have picnic tables outside.

• Visited August 2013
“Good food, good service, very friendly family owned hidden treasure!”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The staff was extremely friendly, the food was excellent! I ate all of my food - which is unusual. Long term family owned business. Good down home breakfast. My cheesy eggs and pancake were delicious! Great service and value!

Phoenix, Maryland
“great fried chicken”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Ordered the "Large Pack"...1 lb pork bbq, 8 pieces fried chik, box of fries, 1 lb of cole slaw, and hush puppies. I asked for some rolls so they swapped out some of the hush puppies for 4 rolls. It was very reasonably priced and easily fed our family of 4 (2 teenage boys). Everything was good although the bbq pork was my least favorite. It seemed a little greasy. I have to admit though, I prefer tomato based bbq sauce over the Carolina vinegar based sauce. To a fan of Carolina bbq it may have been perfect.

Visited August 2013
Pennsylvanica
“Terrific fried chicken!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

After being at the beach for several days, I can tell you for certain that the fried chicken we got here was the best meal we had! For the price, I wish we had just kept going back.