“Best fried chicken”

A & G Barbecue & Chicken
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This place rocks one of only a few places on the island that I will eat at as a chef Im very picky about my food but this fried chicken is AWESOME and there chocolate milk shakes are the bomb

1  Thank Tommy B

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I ran by to pick up something to take back to our roon quickly after arrival. Got 2 pulled pork BQ sandwiches & a hot dog. All was good.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Great fried chicken and collard greens. Affordable and has many things to choose from. Brunswick stew and hushpuppies were awesome.

1  Thank SafetyByHcom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

BBQ that is consistent and good. Great value for your money. Wonderful fried chicken. Live and eat like the locals here. My husband and I always stop here when in Kure Beach. If you like NC BBQ... this is the place. Not the best in NC... but very good. Family friendly and very nice staff. You wont go away hungry. Killer desserts!!!

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We were visiting for a day trip and decided to stop here for dinner. Before ordering, our twin boys were ready for "dinner", and the waitress was nice enough to bring us hot water to warm up their bottles. Between myself, my husband, and my daughter we ordered: fried chicken, green beans, french fries, fried whiting fish, fresh fried zucchini, mashed potatoes and gravy, 1/2 lb cheeseburger, and onion rings. It was all absolutely delicious!!! Especially the onion rings and zucchini!

This place only accepts cash or local checks so make sure you stop at the ATM. Overall, we had a great experience! Don't let the appearance of this place fool you.....the food is great!