“Cash only. Good food!”

A & G Barbecue & Chicken
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Yummy food! Some of the best bbq around. Lots of variety for other meats and vegetables. I do believe only cash is accepted. Very small inside. Just a few older style, hard booths. Some seating outside. My husband, mother, and I have dined in, and have also carried bulk out.

Convenient location to Carolina Beach Lake Park.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My kids count on A&G BBQ at least once every time we visit Kure Beach. It's a MUST on our first night in town as we unpack and get settled. The fried chicken is absolutely delicious as is the chopped pork BBQ, cucumber salad and the fried okra. We love ordering our food and picking it up as takeout. Prices are very reasonable and we have never been disappointed with the food.

1  Thank Michele G
Reviewed 26 July 2014

6 day vacation and 4 lunches at the A&G. My wife and I absolutely love this place for lunch when we are vacationing in Carolina Beach. Their hot dogs, cheeseburgers, bbq, and fried chicken are every bit as good, or better, as that special place we all have back home. Nothing fancy at all...just darn good food and service.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Good bqq and fries. Super quick!! Great place to grab lunch for the whole family. You can tell the business is family operated. Nice people

1  Thank Julie K
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This was fine. We wanted some take out. The people were nice and the pork was good. Mac salad nothing special and coleslaw didn't have much flavor. The Carolina vinegar sauce was vinegary and not quite our preference- I like sauces that are BBQ sauce with a vinegary taste (perhaps not traditional). Worth a shot if you have a taste for BBQ.

1  Thank Bethany M