“Not bad”
Review of Beachside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Beachside Inn
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Not bad”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband and I stayed one night mid week and it was just perfect. This hotel is a little seedy but I'd recommend it. Not a bad place a t all. I was a bit skeptical with the previous reviews but what more could you ask for from a beach hotel that isn't the Marriott of the Ritz Carlton. It's a beach hotel to say the least. No bugs and a soft bed! The only problem was our room was right outside with the light of the sign shining in.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lori B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
fayetteville, north carolina
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I stayed here during the Azalea Festival weekend. There was also a Chowder cook-off right across the street at the park. Easy to walk everywhere. Good price for being steps to the beach. Very nice clean room, and friendly staff. Nice pool, and pretty setting. Nothing fancy, but for someone who doesn't spend a lot of time in their room it is fantastic.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank lizzy0510
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 October 2012

When we came back to the hotel from dinner, we saw a large cockroach next to one of the beds. We immediately told the front desk who sent their maintenance guy into our room to kill it. When he walked in there were two smaller cockroaches that just entered the room from cracks under the walls. He tried spraying them with bug spray and offered us another room on a higher level. We took the offer and went to the new room (carpeted and no cracks anywhere) but go figure that within 5 minutes we spot a cockroach larger than the first one on the wall near the ceiling! That was it, called the maintenance guy back and he killed it. We got a refund for the night and left.

There is no doubt in my mind about all those other rooms having them as well. Disgusting.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Lilshorti
Reviewed 6 June 2012

My husband and I have stayed here twice now. But this time our battery in our car died. The wonderful husband of one of the ladies took my husband 30 minutes into Wilmington to the auto center to purchase another battery. As if that wasn't enough, he then whipped out his tools and showed my husband how to install it. Then he refused when we tried to pay for his time and gas. These are wonderful people and as you can see they are generous and helpful. Oh and the room was crazy clean which is why we came back in the first place... I'm a complete germ-a-phobe!! You really can not get a better stay with this price, this location, and the exquisite garden smells beautiful!! You will enjoy!!

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Flowem2316
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights and just let me tell you I was very pleased with the location, the service, the room was absolutely wonderful. I will definately be staying here again. The staff was so nice to me and went out of there way several times to help me. I walked everywhere the entire time I was there. I couldnt have asked for a more peaceful and enjoyable stay..thank you so much..I will be back!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank mysticaledge
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 December 2010

We stayed at the Beachside Inn for two nights and had a reasonably good stay here. It is slightly away from the main city and so you need to drive around a little bit to get to the major attractions. But, the place is clean, quiet and inexpensive. The air-conditioning made a lot of noise and so, we chose to have it turned off the whole time. But, overall a nice place for the money!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Luckyluma
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 August 2010

It was the only place with a vacancy. It's bare bones, no frills at best. I tried to turn on the lamp and the fixture flopped over in my hand. I could have been shocked by the exposed wires. I had to reassemble the lamp to make it safe.

I don't understand the reviews that say it's a good deal or good price. It was $155 for one night to stay in a place that had nothing great about it. Except maybe the location, the location is very good but there are much, much nicer places to stay in the same price range.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple