“A terrific find for anyone who doesn't demand luxury!”
Review of Beachside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Beachside Inn
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“A terrific find for anyone who doesn't demand luxury!”
Reviewed 8 May 2010

Having family in the Wilmington area, we have opted to stay here several times. It's a nice place that is reasonably clean, it's older so it's doesn't have a pristine feel, and the furnishings and such make it feel dated, but it has "old beach" character. It's reasonably priced, especially for a place so convenient to the beach...there is a boardwalk right behind the motel. I reccomend you request a room in the interior, around the pool area, or along the back, since the street side can get a little noisy. Parking is minimal, only one car per guest room, and visitors are limited to just an hour or so, and have to check in with the office, but it is free parking and a park across the street if you have guests that wish to stay longer. The management/staff is (I believe) a family, and that are very friendly and helpful. The last time we were there the outside chairs were in really rough shape, but it was just at the beginning of the season, so they may have addressed that by now. In any case, it's the place I always check to see if there is availability before moving on to anyplace else, especially if we are planning on spending a day or two at the beach. It's also close to the NC Aquarium and Fort Fisher, both interesting places to visit.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Oldbat_in_NC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chapel Hill
Reviewed 4 April 2010

The hotel is very close to a public access boardwalk with a shaded gazebo, and the beach there is lovely and never too crowded. You can avoid traffic by walking to coffee shops, mexican restaurant, pizza parlors, steak restaurant, bar, pancake house, etc. The rooms are simple, but in my three stays there, they have always been clean. That's all I require, because I'm always at the beach! The hotel is run by an asain family, and the meandering paths, strange gardens, and smell of Thai(?) food at night, just adds to the charm. A welcome relief from the cookie-cutter Holiday Inns. I love the vines growing up the rails and how the staff let you park there, even after you have checked out. As long as you follow their rules: don't add extra people into your room, don't cancel at the last minute (both of whch they warn you about), you'll be pleased. My only complaint is that I've never seen the pool functional. They always say "waiting for inspection, mam."

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank Yvette_ChapelHill
NC
Reviewed 8 July 2009

My husband and I decided to take a last minute trip to the beach on July 4th weekend. One of the few places we found with an opening was the Beachside Inn. We knew it wasn't on the beach, and we knew it had a king-sized bed, frig, and microwave. Since we had never stayed in Carolina Beach before, we didn't have any idea about the property, but felt good enough about the description and the conversation with the lovely lady who booked our stay that we took our chances. The price was right at $109.00 during the busiest tourist week of the year.

The Beachside is a simple, but clean, and very well-positioned family motel just blocks south of the boardwalk and a short walk across the street from the lake, within 3-4 blocks of a variety of different restaurants, and an easy 3-5 mile drive to Kure Beach, Ft. Fisher, and a NC Aquarium. Even though this motel is not oceanfront, it is steps from the boardwalk that leads to a fabulous beach--and an excellent place to view fireworks on July 3 and every Thursday in the summer. While we didn't use the pool, it was clean and off the street (so many of the motel pools are right on the main Carolina Beach--Kure Beach road, which can be very noisy in the summer) with lots of chaise lounges and decks to sun on.

We stayed in Room #20, which has a king-sized bed and lots of room, a porch overlooking the lovely garden, and steps that lead to the back of the property and the beach. (I would avoid the rooms on the street side, and upstairs seems better than down.) The room was comfortable and clean. The family that owns the hotel was very kind and friendly and full of good advice; there's free coffee in the morning. We would definitely stay there again. They also rent a cottage next door, and at least one of the rooms is an efficiency . For meals we enjoyed the Deck House, Big Daddy's, the Treehouse Bistro, and A & G. We took our chances, read the reviews here and on their website, and had a fabulous long holiday weekend!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CJLL
newland, nc
Reviewed 1 August 2008

My husband and I stayed at Beachside Inn July 5-9, 2008. The staff, Sue and Wanda, were great and very friendly. We stayed in room 26 and then we had family come down and they stayed in room 22. Both rooms were clean and we were just steps from the ocean. We got married on the beach on the morning of July 8th and we couldn't have asked for better accomodations. The swimming pool was very nice and pleasant for a day's relaxation after the wedding and reception. I would recommend this motel to anyone and the weather really cooperated with us. It was suppose to rain everyday we were there except Tuesday, but it only rained sunday night. Give Sue or Wanda a call for next reservation. Don't reserve over the internet, or you won't get your deposit back. Sue told me to do this the next time I reserve a room for next year. Teresa Thomas

• Liked — The staff were great and very friendly. They would come and knock on the door to see if we needed anything.
  • Disliked — I wish I had called and made the reservation instead of an online reservation.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank tc0816
Virginia
Reviewed 20 May 2008

Everyone that says all the bad things about spiders and things being nasty ...thats not true ive been there like 4 or 5 times.. no its not the fanciest but everyone is nice there.. last yr we went on the 4th of July and the women Sue n her dad went to the board walk n watched the fireworks with us..the people who work there are very nice . She does keep the place clean.. whoever put about the towels being stained n messed up...its not true...she goes in the rooms n cleans or at least puts towels in or somethin everyday..im not trying to be mean but guys if ur looking for somethin big n fancy go somewhere else.. this place is a good place for families to relax n stuff n the pricing couldnt get any better no its not oceanfront n the actual website never said that... but the ocean is right on the other side of the road so it doesnt take but like a minute to walk there.. the best room ive stayed in was 21 because i like the way the layout is n also the flower garden is right outside the door.. its nice to go outside at night when its dark n just sit outside the room or go out to the cazeebo(dont think i spelled that right) but if u want a place to take ur family to just have a nice n peaceful time ..its a good place to go =)

• Liked — very nice people
  • Disliked — i dont know
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank angelfire777
Triangle
Reviewed 21 April 2008

If you prefer the essence of the beach ambiance to the high-rise, try the ineffable Beachside Inn. How glad we were to find such a place in the flurry of Ramadas and Hiltons, the impersonal towers to the homey inn! The clean rooms, the hospitable staff, the garden! It was lovely, and just a stone's throw to the beach access. The lovely buildings staged around the courtyard garden; the ocean over the shoulder! The roses climbing up to your room. Almost it makes the heart despair for being away.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank BeachJones
Michigan
Reviewed 2 September 2007

I have been going to Carolina Beach for 6 years now. The first time I stayed at the Beachside Inn was back in 2003. The first room we were placed in was on the ground level and was dirty looking and gross. The shower was like a small dungeon. We went to the front desk and complained and the owner had no troubles getting us a room upstairs. MUCH nice rooms upstairs...if you stay there request one. Then next time I went there I requested an upstairs room and had one that was up by itself...wonderful time. The room was large enough for me and my fiancee and we had a wonderful week! This past summer I stayed there I was placed in the same room as in 2003...it seemed a little cleaner. After 3 nights we had NO hot water to shower and we had seen one cockroach (common in the Carolinas) we sprayed the room ourself with a can of raid from CVS and thought the problem was taken care of. Later I took my cold shower and was sitting on the bed when a huge roach ran across my foot. I went to the office and told the owner we caught it under a cup (eww) she came down to kill it and while we were talking about wether or not we could get a different room, another roach ran out from under the bed. She put us into an upstairs room for the rest of the week and we had a great time. The owners are very cooperative and friendly. You can not beat the price (right around 550 dollars for a week for 2 people) and I will be returning next time I am in Carolina Beach....as long as I can get an upstairs room!

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The roaches and downstairs rooms :)
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple