“A nice, vintage beach experience”
Review of SeaWitch Motel

SeaWitch Motel
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
“A nice, vintage beach experience”
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

The Sea Witch - and most of Carolina Beach, truthfully - are what I like to refer to as a "vintage" beach experience. Staying here was much like how I remembered beach trips from my childhood - a quaint, clean, no-frills family-owned motel where you can comfortably wash the sand off and lay your head for the nigh. The location is fantastic, and once you park, you won't need your car to get to the best dining and nightlife spots. The rooms aren't huge, but they are very clean; a good location for couples, small families and, especially in my case, the single traveller. I will stay at the Sea Witch again, and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Carolina Beach.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Chris K

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 30 June 2013

No frills room although fridge fairly large and had microwave. The standard 1 double room Is fairly small room with very small shower but served its purpose and was within great walking distance to everything, beach included! Room was clean and we wiIl be going back again :)

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank jandttravelers
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I called last minute for fathers day weekend for one night on sat, and was given room 12 for $135 a night. I nabbed it, we arrived at noon and even though check in isn't till 2pm, we were given our room. Clean, large waist high frig and microwave, no coffee pot. Yes the shower was small, but served it's purpose. The room was clean, alot of cupboards. Would make a great place to stay for a week. No view of the ocean here, since all of the rooms are perpendicular to the ocean, but the locked private walk was great as was the extremely clean pool. Right across the street from restaurants, especially the sea witch tiki bar. We ate there for lunch and dinner and hit the band that night. All in all a great stay. I would return and recommend. We do enjoy the Beach House Inn because of the view, but the last time I called owner was rude and hung up on me when I requested one night. :( Their loss, we'll come here from now on.

Room Tip: Park your car and walk everywhere.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LOVESJESUS
Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Me and my family stayed there for 7 day in July and we loved it. They have great pricing and the rooms are very clean the staff are very friendly.. Nice ocean view right by the water. Clean and well maintained pool.. Well be going back this year.. Great place to take your family..

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank remireed1
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 August 2012

My husband and I came down from Durham and decided to stay beachside in Wilmington as a special treat. After a few great recommendations, we really expected Seawitch to be a no frills, simple beach choice with clean rooms. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly, but because this is a beachside motel the room was very very humid and we just could not get the moisture out of the air with AC alone (from humid to clamy). The bed was rock hard -- get up in the morning bruised after a bad night of no sleep hard. After two rough nights and decided to leave instead of staying a third. I'd either stay in a big chain like marriot on the beach (more expensive, but glorious central air) or move to a hotel closer to the college and drive in (only 10/15 min) in lieu of other beach options.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank kelly g

Travellers are raving about these Carolina Beach hotels

Thomasville, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this "MOTEL" not a hotel. We were in Chapel Hill for a few days on vacation and just decided to at the last minute to go to the beach and spend one night. Not a planned trip, not even sure which beach we were going to or where we were going to stay when we got there. (I'm the planner in the family so to do this was not like me . . LOL!) Using the GPS to see which beach was closest to us we decided on Carolina Beach. We were not real familiar with this beach. This being "PRIME Season" I wasn't expecting to find anything oceanfront. Once we got into town I used the GPS to locate a hotel/motel in the area. We rode by the Sea Witch and then turned around and went back once we realized the Vacancy sign was on. The SeaWitch is privately owned and operated (love helping the mom and pop businesses!!) We stopped and I went in and the staff at the front desk was very friendly. I asked if they had a room available for the night and they had one room that had just become available that day because the people before us checked out a day early. Most of the time they are always full. The lady at the desk asked if I would like to see the room and I was very appreciative of her doing that for me. She showed me the room (Standard double). The room was not oceanfront, but the SeaWitch premises is. It was like stepping back in time. This is a older motel that has some updates, but is very well kept up and very clean. The room had knotty pine paneling, ceramic tile flooring in room and bathroom. There was a nice refridgerator and microwave(which was clean). Flat screen TV and small corner closet. So we went back to the office and got the room for the night. The price was not bad. It was actually about $40 to $60 dollars cheaper than other hotels/motels in the area or other beaches around. The premises was nice and clean and security cameras too. The pool was clean, there is a key to unlock the gate to get to the beach and then back onto the premises from the beach. The motel is a short walk to the boardwalk where the kids enjoyed the carnival area w/ rides and games. We found a shop that made homemade doughnuts and a shop with ice cream and homemade fudge on the boardwalk. There is also a rental place to rent the peddle suri's, bicycles, etc. Across the street from the motel is the SeaWitch Cafe and tiki bar. We could hear the music from the tiki bar on the porch that night. Once we were in our room the air conditioner drownded out the noise from the tiki bar, the noise really was not that bad and the band that night was pretty good. As much, as we liked the motel, its not some place I would want to stay for a whole week. A quick weekend trip get away, yes. It suited our needs for this spur of the moment trip to the beach. Will be staying here again in the future for those short/quick trips to the beach.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Katrina G
Lenoir, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 June 2012 via mobile

The staff was friendly but we are not used to staying at a hotel without coffee or ice, otherwise everything else okay.

• Stayed June 2012