“Smallest room I've ever been and no coffee maker for $150/night”
Review of SeaWitch Motel

SeaWitch Motel
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Smallest room I've ever been and no coffee maker for $150/night”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This may be a "beach access" motel, but other than that the accommodations are less than desirable. Sure, you could make the argument "who stays in the room anyways?" Well, I do, and enjoy working from my room but this military barracks-style room is anything but inviting. My wife and I barely had enough room to turn around and the twin size bed had my back screaming in the morning. The last time I spent $150 for a room, it came with a coffee maker (10 bucks). But there is literally no room in here to put one :) LMAO. Never again!!!

Room Tip: Get a double bed if you must stay here. The single bed room is what we got.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MooseDuck

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Haw River, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We came down for St. Patricks day weekend getaway with friends. They have stayed here previously and suggested we give it a try. The room we had, #11 was very quaint and perfect 2 people. Nice size dorm type fridge and good size microwave. Flat screen TV as well. Free internet too. The front desk staff ladies ( they are twins) were very pleasant and friendly. Overall it was a pleasant experience. The tiki bar cafe and restaurant is across the street as well. Good food and great beach atmosphere. Lots of things within walking distance, boardwalk area, fast food restaurants as well as the Gulf Stream restaurant for a great breakfast. If your looking for a clean no frills hotel then this is your place.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EtohExpert
Lumberton, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Mixed feelings about this one. enjoyed the location of the Motel but it is over priced and very small. the room looked clean but had a mildew smell, bathroom is extremely small, sink is in the room with single bed and a small fridge, the shower and toilet are in the same space. shower is about the size of a phone both. for the money there are better options.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kendallbo
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We checked in on a Sunday night for 5 nights. The first thing I noticed was that the towels in the bathroom smelled of mold. At 5 pm the "cafe" aka bar across the street started playing LOUD music. When we complained about the sound they moved us to a room as far away from the bar as they could but we could hear the thumping of the music. We decided then and there to check out the next morning. There are nicer, less expensive, more relaxing places to stay at Carolina Beach. The Sea Witch is an apt title for the motel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Clover A

Travellers are raving about these Carolina Beach hotels

Angier, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Best bartender her name is eva the food is great service was fast I guess other reviews made them step up restaurant is great bar food they really need to separate the cafe from the motel, motel was nice we stayed in room 7 nice small room small queen im 6'3" lil short but ok if your looking for mom grand don't don't stay at a "motel" this place was perfect location perfect to the beach and everything

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Bearrp3
Branson, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Bad Service! Bad Food!
Met friends here for lunch on July 4. We sat in the bar area, and waited, and waited, and waited. Finaly a wait person came by to get our drink order. We told him we were going to eat and needed menu s. We waited, and waited. got our menu s, then waited, and waited and finaly got our drinks.Our drinks were long gone before the wait person came back to take our order. We waited and waited.Our second round of drinks came with our food. Our food, well, the hot food was cold. No flat ware was given. We had to eat with our fingers. Asked three times for flat ware then one of our party went and got it from the bartender. Took forever to get our check and get out of there. Before I got up from the table I was feeling sick.I had real issue for the next few day s. I was the only one that got sick and I was the only one to have fish & chips.
I could excuse bad service when their busy, but this place had maybe 25% occupancy. I can never excuse being served bad food.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ronnie R
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

The Sea Witch - and most of Carolina Beach, truthfully - are what I like to refer to as a "vintage" beach experience. Staying here was much like how I remembered beach trips from my childhood - a quaint, clean, no-frills family-owned motel where you can comfortably wash the sand off and lay your head for the nigh. The location is fantastic, and once you park, you won't need your car to get to the best dining and nightlife spots. The rooms aren't huge, but they are very clean; a good location for couples, small families and, especially in my case, the single traveller. I will stay at the Sea Witch again, and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Carolina Beach.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo