“Surprisingly good!”

El Cazador Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: El Cazador is a family-restaurant serving quality Mexican cuisine. At El Cazador, we pride ourselves on an incredible menu made from fresh ingredients and fast, friendly service. We make sure to buy the best, quality ingredients to prepare delicious tasting dishes.
Waterville, Ohio
“Surprisingly good!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Okay, you may be surprised at the $20.00 price tag for the special burrito but don't hesitate. This burrito can be shared by three people and is full of quality ingredients! All the food is well cooked and the atmosphere is excellent. I will be back. Thank you, El Cazador for a great dinner!

Visited July 2014
Jose A, Owner at El Cazador Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
The Special Burrito is giant and definitely not for the faint of heart, Lisa! I'm so happy you were able to share and enjoy it. Thank you for such a great review, and we hope you'll be back in soon.

Diego Garcia, General Manager

“PERFECTION”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Last year my family came down here to eat. The food is always hot and fresh! It's also close to the beach which is great after swimming all day! I recently recommended this place to my boyfriend's family as well when they were down there last month and they fell in love! We'll be back this month to Carolina Beach and were definitely eating here again!

Jose A, Owner at El Cazador Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
I'm thrilled to know we knocked it out of the park for you and your family, Brenda! Swimming at the beach is hard work, and we love being able to fuel up our guests for more fun in the sun. Thanks so much for recommending us to your boyfriend. I'm excited to welcome you back when you're in Carolina Beach again!

See you soon,
Wilmington, North Carolina
“very good food”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Do not like their Salsa. Prefer thicker (chop tomatoes,chop onions,cilantro) salsa was just
to soupy and for me to hot or spicy,but thats me. But meals were very good. I usually get Steak
Fajitas. Meat Beans Lettuce tomatoes always taste like fresh food, dose not come running
together like some other Mexican Restaurants around town.
Employee,s are very friendly and ready to help you with any questions you may have
concerning meals.
This was the best Mexican Food I have had.
I do know on Saturdays they have a long line of people waiting for dinner ,so get their early or
late late.

• Visited July 2014
Wow! I'm so honored to hear that we're the best Mexican food you've had. I'll definitely share that -- as well as the feedback on the service -- with my whole staff. However, we want your dinner to be a hit from start to finish, so I appreciate you letting us know the salsa wasn't to your liking. That's something we definitely would want to improve on.

We hope you'll be back soon!

Cary, North Carolina
“I got sick from this place. Customer service was so unprofessional!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were having a good trip down in the beach with my wife and daughter and decided to eat some Mexican food, we found el cazador that looked like a good place, as we entered there was no one to greet us and we had to ask some of the waiters about a table it looked like they were busy doing something else than working... My wife asked for the fish tacos with out pico the gallo and the order came with pico the gallo, they changed it and didn't add red cabbage she had to go to the kitchen to ask for it because the waiter didn't care about it, when she asked was treated like a dumb person and then gave her the cabbage with attituded , not professional at all.
After finishing the food we decided to talk to the manager a guy called Marco that didn't even try to tell us sorry for that he just didn't care about the subject and kept talking about the differences of cabbages on the plate ,
1 hour later I had to rush to the bathroom because something was wrong with their food my wife as well got sick. Worst place for Mexican food do not recommend it al all!

• Visited July 2014
Jose A, Owner at El Cazador Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
First and foremost, I'm so sorry to hear you and your wife felt sick, Ed. Thank you for letting me know. I want to assure you that we adhere to the highest levels of food safety in all aspects of our operation. It's also important to note that the symptoms of food poisoning can begin two to six to even 24 hours after eating a particular food. While we take claims like this very seriously, there may have been other factors at play here.

As for the customer service you described, that sort of conduct should never be tolerated. Rest assured I will be addressing your feedback with my staff and managers. Mistakes happen, but a customer should never be made to feel dumb or not cared for.

Once again, thank you for leaving this information. It's extremely important for us to know when situations like this occur.

Roxboro, North Carolina
“Very good food!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

The food was very good! The chips and salsa was good but the salsa was very spicy may want to ask for mild. Had fajitas and they were great. Steak was good grade better than the steak you get in most fajitas dishes!! Would def come back!!

• Visited July 2014
Jose A, Owner at El Cazador Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
We can't wait for you to come back! Thanks for the feedback about the salsa -- I'd never want it to be too spicy to enjoy. It's great to hear the fajita steak was such a hit, though!

Hope to see you soon,