“Huge plate, good price”

El Cazador Mexican Restaurant
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: El Cazador is a family-restaurant serving quality Mexican cuisine. At El Cazador, we pride ourselves on an incredible menu made from fresh ingredients and fast, friendly service. We make sure to buy the best, quality ingredients to prepare delicious tasting dishes.
“Huge plate, good price”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Like most Mexican restaurants this one was average. We waited over an hour for our food, but the waitress was fairly attentive. Nothing over the top but sitting outside on the balcony was nice.

• Visited August 2014
Jose A, Owner at El Cazador Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
While I'm disappointed you found us to be just average, I'm happy that you enjoyed our service as well as our balcony. We're always working to improve, so I'd love if you'd stop by again so we can prove we can do better.

Best,

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great food, prices, and service”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Great food and service, and affordable prices.

My husband and I, and my mother, frequent the restaurant. My fave is the steak quesadilla. It comes with a bed of lettuce topped with diced tomato, and a spoonful of sour cream, and rice or refried beans. I have tried the chicken quesadilla also but the chicken is pulled and for my quesadilla's I prefer diced. My husband always enjoy the steak fajita quesadilla with the onions and peppers. My mother has tried several chicken dishes and the taco salad. We are not big fans of the salsa, but enjoy the queso cheese dip.

Ample seating. Not ample parking, but we always manage to find a place to park. We do however like to eat early between 5 and 6 pm.

• Visited May 2014
It's wonderful to know how much you, your mother, and your husband enjoy our restaurant! I'm happy that you're fans of the quesadillas, as well as some of our other dishes. However, I'm sorry to hear you don't enjoy our salsa -- we can definitely pass this information on to the kitchen.

Hope to see you all in again soon,
Wharton, New Jersey
“great view”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

pitchers of margaritas and chips and salsa started the day off right- we sat upstairs and could see the whole town going by - so fun!! mexican food was good too

Visited August 2014
Jose A, Owner at El Cazador Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review! It's fantastic to hear you had such a great time at our place. The view is really great from upstairs -- happy you enjoyed! Hope you'll be back in the next time you're in Carolina Beach.

All the best,
Baltimore, Maryland
“Yum”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

On our last night in Carolina Beach, we decided to try El Cazador and we were pleasantly surprised. Drinks and food came out fast, everything tasted good, and you got more food than you would expect.

• Visited August 2014
Thanks so much for writing this, Elizabeth! I'm thrilled you decided to try us out. It's always great to hear that we were able to impress people with our service and fresh Mexican food. I hope you'll be able to stop by again the next time you're in N.C.!

Best,
Buffalo, New York
“Extra extra big burrito is xxl big!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

So after visiting el Cazador and realizing that they are going with quantity, I became closer to their moto of not letting us go home hungry. If u leave this place hungry, you're a fool! The burritos are huge! If you are eating there, sit outside on a Friday or Saturday night and soak in the local environment. I did enjoy this place :)

Jose A, Owner at El Cazador Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
We don't think quantity means sacrificing quality! I'm happy to know you appreciated our burritos and that you didn't leave hungry. Carolina Beach is a beautiful, fun place, so it's great you recommend sitting on the patio -- it's our favorite place to sit, too.

Hope you'll be back,