Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach
Travelocity
US$192
US$172
Hampton.com
Drifters Reef Hotel(Carolina Beach)
US$111
Oceaneer Motel(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$117
Surfside Lodge(Carolina Beach)
US$100
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
Drydock Motel(Carolina Beach)
US$101
Travelocity
Golden Sands(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$112
All reviewsbreakfast buffetstarbucks coffeeoutdoor poolcorner suiterooms face the oceanoff seasonocean viewan umbrellahigher floorking roomhousekeeping staffsliding doorstaff was very friendly and helpfulboard walkmini fridgebistrobalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2013

If you look at my recent tripadvisor activity, you will see that I have been spending a lot of nights away from home. The desk clerk noticed my activity prior to arrival and immediately offered a room upgrade. Now that is the opposite service from the 2 previous nights at the Hyatt in Franklin TN.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2013

The hotel was nice, the bathroom seemed a little dirty (maybe just needs some upgrades) and the toilet did not flush right, they had to come fix it once. The bed was comfortable. We had a great view of the ocean. No continental breakfast, which would have been nice. Overall, I would probably stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Stayed here in mid January, was upgraded to a suite at no additional cost, Very nice location, comfortable beds and unbelievable view of the sun rising over the ocean. Stay did not include breakfast but for the price I couldn't complain. Did have the breakfast buffet, thought it was well stocked with choices, the price was reasonable. The staff were great. Returned there when in the area 2 weeks later.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room and if possible request the corner suite
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We were in the area to attend a wedding and in a rush to check in only to find out from a very rude employee that our room was not ready. We sat in the dining area and waited for it to be cleaned. The room was okay and efforts had been made to cover up the aging facility. Though I was unhappy that a double door joined our room to another one. The room was overpriced as was the food in the dining area. Breakfast was not included. To top it all off we were overcharged and had to wait on money to be refunded to our account and were not given our points for our Marriott card. I will never stay here again and do not recommend it to others.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank robinfm
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I am sorry that I could not give an excellent this time. My room was not as clean as it could have been. When I thought I saw urine on the toilet seat later it was explained that their bathroom cleaner is yellow and the person that cleaned failed to dry the seat off. Michael at the front desk was so nice to offer another room, I appreciated the offer and accepted housekeeping's offer to wipe down the toilet again. She did show me the bottle and the cleaner is yellow. The floors could have used vacuuming. I noticed the bathroom floor had hair on it. The dresser was sticky and the telephone was dirty. Michael gave us a free breakfast for our toilet mishap for the next morning and the buffet was outstanding! If the room were properly cleaned I would have given my rating an outstanding. The beds were very comfy and we slept well. If in the area again I will chose to stay here. Everyone really goes out of their way to make you happy. Hopefully next time I can give it an excellent rating.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family