“Good staff, nice location...but lacking.”

Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good staff, nice location...but lacking.”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The staff and location of the hotel were quite good. This property has the market cornered when it comes to Carolina Beach...

Unfortunately, there were issues. Perhaps due to the time we were there (Spring Break), our stay was somewhat unimpressive due to the following:

- Noisy hotel
- Fraternity/Sorrority kids all over the place
- While loud Friday night, overall, they were fairly well behaved
- Wedding party also staying this weekend

- Elevators took FOREVER and werre quite inefficient
- Staying on a higher floor was quite frustrating
- The staff (maids, etc.) used the same elevators adding to the traffic/wait times
- Only two elevators for the entire property

- Ran out of toilet paper in our room
- Had to wait until 9a the following morning fot TP as front desk could not get us any
- Apparently, others had the same issue as there were several guests at the front desk aksing for TP the next morning.

As a frequent Marriott guest, I was not impressed with the property. Again, the location and staff were acceptable, but the property was lacking and, overall, we were rather disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Will L, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Rob,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Courtyard Carolina Beach Oceanfront.

You indicated in your response that the hotel was noisy and the elevators were unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

RICHARD GRANT
Assistant General Manager
Courtyard Marriott Carolina Beach
richard.grant@crestlinehotels.com
910-458-2624

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Milledgeville, Georgia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The Courtyard by Marriott at Carolina Beach is a fairly standard Courtyard hotel, but the thing that makes this one exceptional is the staff and the location. Everyone from the front desk to the cleaning and maintenance staff were attentive to our needs. The hotel is in the center of activities on Carolina Beach which allows for walking to most venues. And since the hotel is right on the beach, when you are not enjoying the ocean just open the sliding doors in your room to relax to the soothing sounds of ocean waves hitting the beach.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better, and make sure you set your alarm to take in the breathtaking sunris...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
rtp
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This message is in recognition of the staff at the Carolina Beach NC Marriott. My daughter's wedding reception took place on Sat April 5 and the customer service exceed my expectations.

I was extremely pleased with all the services! Brittni Drake has an impeccable "attention to detail". Brittni captured all the events that we requested, Brittni understood and carried out all our requests and was a pleasure to work with. She even helped me unloaded boxes from my car. She kept an eye on the weather and gave us hope for a beautiful event. The reception was completely set up the way we requested. The reception staff was attentive and pleasantly served us throughout the evening. The pitchers of water and tea were readily available. The food was exceptional. Please let the chef know that our guests raved on how delicious their meal was. The salad was fresh, the food was cooked perfectly and was displayed so nicely. The reception staff stayed busy all evening clearing dishes, bringing in more glassware. They worked really hard all evening! All of them had the most gracious manners.

I am so very pleased that we chose the Marriott for our special occasion. Your staff completely came through with GREAT SERVICE. Our guests had a great experience, everyone had a nice meal and enjoyed themselves.

I enjoyed the celebration because I didn't have to work or worry about anything, it was all done with extreme care and attention.

You should be very proud to have a staff that really cares about the customer, this was proven throughout our planning stage and during the event. I am extremely thankful. I hope you will recognize your staff for not only a job well done but for the enthusiasm and support they provide.

Sincerely, Linda Monroe, Mother of the Bride

Elkins, West Virginia
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The hotel has a great view of the ocean. Just open the bacony door and listen to the ocean waves.The staff was very friendly. Room was pleasant and clean. Only problem was that the room wasn't refreshed on our second day. Had to empty our own trash cans.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

They went above and beyond to make our stay special. When making the reservation it asks if this is for an event, I put daughters 8th birthday. When we returned from dinner they had placed cookies, milk, and two champagne flutes with a birthday card. My daughters were both so excited! Room was fantastic and clean. All staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The suite was great for a family.
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The hotel was great
I really enjoyed the staff named:
Ryan Hodge
The manager Tyler
And all the girls at the front desk were great as well as the cleaning staff especially Alexandra
I had a good time staying there and really felt welcome as well as felt like the staff put our needs above their own and tended to out every need.

Thanks so much

• Stayed March 2014
Greensboro, United States
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with a perfect location for Carolina Beach. My room and bathroom was spacious, sparkling clean and up-to-date. The balcony overlooked the pool, beach and ocean (I think all the rooms do). Restaurant was as good as any in Carolina Beach, and walking distance to many others. I had the pecan crusted grouper, which was on the sweet side, but I liked it that way. The side dish was very tasty, a medley of corn, tomatoes and okra. I complimented Erica Jacobs and Thalia Melahris and told them that I would write a review and commend them for the food and service. I really like that Marriott has added restaurants to their Courtyards where you can have a nice meal with a glass of wine. As a woman traveling alone, I don't like to go walking around at night looking for a restaurant by myself. There was a security issue while I was there and the staff were right on it. I never felt that I had to worry. I plan to return and bring my family; I loved this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
#12 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville ...
#2 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach? Share your experiences!