“Toes in the sand---Ahhhh.”

Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Right on the beach. I needed to "run away from home" for a couple of days of R&R and this hotel was ideal. Fantastic location. I was able to park the car and everything I needed was within walking distance. Boardwalk right there, Britt's doughnuts, pavillion, food, yoga, putt putt. Nice sand with a few small shells. Lifeguards were on duty when I was there.

Any time I stay at a beach location, I expect wear and tear from the sand & weather, but this hotel was surprisingly well maintained. They had done a great job preparing for the upcoming summer season and were constantly cleaning up the floors from dripping beach goers. Room was great--comfortable bed, fridge, ocean front, clean.

Front desk was helpful & friendly. Concierge was a couple of computers with all the answers I needed. Housekeeping was 5 star (did a great job and let me relax, sleep late without hearing them bang around).

Room Tip: The carnival/pavillion area is on the North side of the hotel. I only heard it from on my balcony at...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I tend to give ocean resort area hotels just a bit more slack due to the special challenges they face. In spite of those challenges, the Courtyard at Carolina Beach was a pleasure for us to stay in. We found everyone on the staff to be friendly and helpful, particularly Michael, Sue and both Chelseas at the front desk. We stayed twice during mid June. It was thoroughly enjoyable. The rooms have great views, are kept fresh and clean, and are reasonably quiet. Wireless access is reliable and quick. We used the pool, the Bistro, and the bar. The food and drink services were good, and reasonably priced. You can't beat the fireworks show as seen from the balcony. About the only things that weren't perfect were the lukewarm Starbucks coffee in the Bistro, and the need to ask housekeeping to vacuum places they missed (which they did very happily). Go, stay, enjoy.

Room Tip: There are carnival rides at the north end of the property, so ask for a room on the south end to avo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Friendly staff, clean room. I was traveling by myself and felt completely safe. Parking was a little tight. The best part was that every room was oceanfront with a balcony. A little pricey. Convenient to everything on the strip.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room to avoid pool noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I come to the beach every year, and I'm not a picky person. This was my first stay at this hotel. My total came to $674 for three days. I expected so much more! They didn't want to give us toilet paper! That's only a basic necessity...
They didn't even give us clean sheets or pillows for our stay. They just came in a made the bed. I know because I dropped food on the bed, and the same stain was there when I got back. They wanted us to reuse towels, which is nasty to me. The indoor pool and whirlpool was green and slimy. The outdoor one was okay. I'm just a bit disappointed with the overall experience. The little shops around the corner are great. Britts donuts is fantastic! You must try some before you leave. The hotel is a 3 star at best. It's decent if you've got money to waste and want to wake up on the ocean. =)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carla N
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Last month I needed to be in Wilmington for a business meeting and I checked the Marriott properties. The Courtyand by Marriott Carolina Beach was only 15 minutes from my destination and it was a great value. Every room has an ocean front view with a balcony. The rooms were clean comfortable and quiet. The reception desk staff were friendly and helped me map my schedule for my meeting and activities for the next day. Wifi is complementary. We literally left the room, went downstairs and we were seconds from a beautiful walk along the ocean. For the price, I would highly recommend the hotel if you are ever in the Wilmington area.

Room Tip: Higher floors for better views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I'm a big Marriott fan. Chelsea checked us in and was helpful. Rooms are updated, spacious, very comfortable and face right on to the ocean. The balconies aren't huge but they are good enough. Our king room had a small fridge that was large enough to hold lots of waters, snacks, etc. You are smack in the middle of downtown but there is ample free parking. The beach is right out front and you can walk for miles. (You can rent two chairs and an umbrella for $30 a day. We brought our own). The outdoor pool, however, was a huge disappointment. The pool is a nice size but it was filthy: leaves and sand coated the bottom. Same thing the next day. (Dirt was in the same places so I don't even think they cleaned it). One of the website photos shows nice lounge chairs and umbrellas. There are no umbrellas and the pads on the (cheap plastic) lounge chairs are very worn and dirty. I get the fact that sandy kids are in and out of the pool. I wasn't expecting resort quality cabanas from a Courtyard. Nevertheless, they should skim the pool floor a few times a day (like any other beach hotel) and take the fancy pool photo off their website. Overall, the hotel is nice and the location is good. Just don't put a swim in the pool on your list of things to do.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JG166
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel is fantastic as every room is ocean front. The rooms are clean and were renovated fairly recently. It's not your typical small beach hotel that has been ridden hard and put up wet. The food is good too. My daughter ordered a French dip art the bar and ate the whole thing. She NEVER does that. You can walk to the quite a few great restaurants, the board walk, lake, and you can rent bikes close by. If you're over 21 - you have to check out the local color at The Fat Pelican Bar. Best hotel for the value in our opinion.

• Stayed: April 2014
Blockade Runner Beach Resort
Blockade Runner Beach Resort
#1 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville ...
#2 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach? Share your experiences!