“Worst Week End Ever............” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“Worst Week End Ever............”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

My wife and I pay for 2 nights At this Inn April 18-20th 2014 after checking in we found the room to be beyond clean and the smell was worst. We called the front desk and they were very nice moving us to another room. But after being in this room for about two hours it was dirty as well beyond, the furniture was very dirty and stained, the plumbing in the bath room was stopped up so bad just to wash your hands the sink would not drain or the bath tub. The AC unit had a smell coming from it that smelled like mill due. And we all most got sick, so we ask if we could get a refund for the 2nd night all though we had not even used the first night, the manager on duty Patrica told us they die not give refunds, but they would give us another room. Whats the point after that, so we left and went to a clean hotel down the street and had a good night. I will NEVER stay in a Micro-tel anywhere again.. And would not recommencement to anyone....What A Dump....

Room Tip: Don't even stop here,,sleep in your car and you will be better off
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
microtel, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
I would like to respond to this review. These guests booked through a third party and when they arrived they seemed pleasant. I showed them the room and they said everything was fine. A few hours later they approached my front desk and asked if they could change to a different room because their room smelled odd. We happily accommodated them, even though neither me or my staff detected any smell in their room. However, prior to moving them we inspected the new room, as is our custom to make sure everything was good. We certainly don't want to trade one problem for another. We found the new room to be clean, and well kept and smelled good as well. They were put into the room and were very happy. Then, a short time later they left. They said it was due to the weather being bad, it was raining. At no time did they tell anyone that they were having any issues with the room or with the hotel. They simply wanted to leave because of the weather. Had they bothered to tell anyone of my staff about any of these issues we would have immediately fixed them or moved them to an acceptable room. I believe that they know they were not going to get a refund from the third party and are writing this review to try to get a refund, which I cannot give them anyway as they never paid me anything. It is truly a shame when someone feels they need to disparage the name of a hotel in an attempt to save a few dollars. It is not fair to me, my staff or the third party that booked them. There was nothing I could have done as I did not know they were unhappy. I will always fix a guest's issues, but they have to tell someone about an issue if they want it fixed. I certainly hope they realize this in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)