The best thing this location had going for it turned her notice in while we visited. On arrival, although a room with two double beds was reserved for 4 people for 3 nights, we were assigned a room with one bed. We called down to the front desk, to let them know of the error only to get an arguement about what the reservation was for. Cornelia at the front desk said Anna booked us for 1 night in a single room. I told her Anna did not make my reservation, Sue did (who I found out happens to be the manager). I finally asked how 4 people were suppose to sleep in one bed and was unhappily assigned a room with 2 beds. The next evening when we returned to "our" room, our cards would not open the door. Again we returned to the front desk, and fortunately were able to talk to Sheryl who had been trying
to figure out who was in room 204 (our room). In their computer upon check-in we had been assigned, billed and checked out of room 205, but our card keys were for 204. While we were out for the day, our room had been rented and other guests had visited our room! Sheryl assured us they promptly returned to the desk informing the staff the
room was already occupied. Sheryl then put a block on any entry to the room until the occupants (us) could be identified. (We had been checked out of room 205 that day) Had it not been for Sheryl and her superb customer service skills, we would have left. The rest of the staff we encountered were not very friendly. On Microtel's behalf, the continental breakfast, especially the waffles were excellent. Rooms were very clean. The main thing Microtel needs to do, is have Sheryl lead a customer service training class for the rest of the staff. KUDOS to Sheryl, and good luck!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer you a clean and comfortable hotel with 59 beautifully-appointed rooms, the Microtel Inn in Carolina Beach, NC, goes the extra mile to provide modern conveniences to make your stay extra pleasant. Enjoy cable TV , refrigerators in most rooms, microwaves in our suites, work desk, phone with data port and complimentary high-speed Internet access.Choose from three types of comfortable accommodations-Single Room, Double Room or Suite. Enjoy our exceptional location that puts you just a 5 block walk from the beach, a short drive to historic downtown Wilmington, Wilmington International Airport and have the Fort Fisher Ferry nearby if you are going South. We are also located just an hour south of Camp Lejeune. Everything you need for your business trip or vacation with the luxury of being on Pleasure Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn And Suites Carolina Beach
- Microtel Inn & Suites Carolina Beach Hotel Carolina Beach
- Microtel Carolina Beach
- Microtel Hotel Carolina Beach
- Carolina Beach Microtel