Sea Ranch Motel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
See available hotels
Russo's Motel(Carolina Beach)
SeaWitch Motel(Carolina Beach)
Surfside Lodge(Carolina Beach)
  • Pool
All reviewsocean frontclassic beachfloor roomthird flooreasy access to the beachgreat oceanpoolsshowerbalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I stayed in this Motel with my two sisters for our annual "sisters' get-a-way". It was a very nice "no frills" motel. We had a balcony facing the ocean with a great view! Very quiet & private with easy access to the beach. The staff was very friendly & accomodating. We choose not to have our room cleaned since we were only there for a long weekend & they never bothered us. I would definitely return. There was an outdoor pool or two (I wasn't sure if both pools belonged to this motel) but we never used them.

Room Tip: Definitely request a room facing the ocean!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank malorose16
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Stayed in room 108 this past weekend. Pool was 6 steps out the door. The room wasn't ocean view but close enough to hear it. The room was only had a full sized bed dresser, tv, fridge, and 3 chairs, and a stool to put your suitcase on. Wish they'd swap out a chair for a small table though. AC was good WiFi was great.
Bathroom was exceptionally clean. The shower was TINY. I'm 6'2" and 250#. No way I could reach my legs in the shower. The secret is to do a "Navy Shower" Get wet, turn the water off, open the curtain, lather up, close the curtain, turn the water on then rinse off.
The price couldn't be beat. The two pools and hot tub were good. There's a small hamburger & snowcone place across the street and a few restaurants within easy walking distance.
I'll certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want to see the ocean form your room you'll have to be 2nd floor. First floor looks at sand dunes. More importantly you need to TELL them you want to SEE the ocean. One of the buildings is turned sideways to the ocean so you can't see the ocean form inside your room regarless of the floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jason J
Reviewed 3 October 2012

My family stayed here for the first time back in September. The oceanfront room was nice, but you need to stay on the second floor or higher to see the ocean. Great sunrise the first morning. Rooms were ok, not a 4 star but fine enough. The beds were clean and confortable. Wall AC unit worked well, but a little loud and it had to run all night. If you want WiFi get a room near the office, because it was very weak in our room. Refrigerator worked well and TV was ok, though a little small. Room could have used a small writing table, but not a big deal. Our main concern was the carpet, it looked clean but after looking at my kids' feet you could tell it needed a good cleaning. Pools were awesome, warm and not crowded. There was a great Italian restuarant just down the road (walking distance). With a few housekeeping touches, this place would be top notch. The staff was very helpful and friendly and we had fresh towels and made beds every day. Easy beach access with a hose to wash your sandy feet off. Clean those carpets and I'll be back!!

Room Tip: Second floor to see ocean. Ocean front is the best.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Stayed here Labor Day weekend or at least part of the weekend.....Never again! Several sightings of cock roaches in the room. Arrived late Friday evening after driving through or creeping through Raleigh traffic on I40 on a typical 3 day weekend. Pretty much hit the sack upon arrival after the four hour drive plus the traffic and wanted to get some rest for our time at the beach. No issues that night (at least we didn't know of any issues) as we were just worn out. No issues next day until the falling of the night when the creepy bugs come out. First sighting thought ok maybe from outside, 4th sighting within an hour and knew the place was infested. Packed up the car, voiced concerns and left! If you want to go to Carolina Beach, best to stay in the Mariott up the street. Rooms at the Roach Motel, excuse me, the Sea Ranch Motel are run down and truly showing it's age. No coffee maker in the room and you must go to the office where they have a Mr. Coffee set up with 2 oz cups, dry creamer, and sugar. I hate to give the place a bad wrap becuase we have stayed here before although it was 10 years or so ago and we enjoyed ourselves. Perhaps a good exterminating company should be called upon over the winter when Carolina Beach is nothing more than a desolate small beach town....

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank northcarolinatravele
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Booked here based on the ratings from Trip Advisor and the price. The hotel is nice, aged a little, but clean. I have had rooms at large expensive chain hotels that were dirty, this was spotlessly clean. Our beds were comfortable and the room a standard sized hotel room. Great beach access...private walkway. We changed rooms to an ocean front room when one became available, what a joy. Great view...wonderful time. I would come again and again. It was the perfect way for my husband and I to relax. The only con....no wireless access. But a great way to have an unplugged weekend.

Room Tip: Try to book early for an ocean front room. If you can 't get one, a regular one will do because the beach is right there and just steps away.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple