We decided to save some money by going to a cute little motel. Here are the pros and cons of our stay:
1. Location! This is the main reason why we chose the Sea Ranch. It has a great oceanfront location. It is also next to the Grand Sands hotel which has a nice tiki bar and restaurant. We wanted to be within walking distance of a bar so we didn't have to drive and the restaurant is very good.
2. The room was very clean. It was small and simple- perfect for a no-fuss weekend visit to the beach.
3. It has two pools and a huge hot tub and they all seemed very well maintained.
4. The shower has great water pressure. It blasts all that sand off.
5. Rocking chairs outside each room.. very relaxing!
6. The AC works great.. you definitely won't get too hot in your room.
1. I was very unhappy that the bed was so uncomfortable. Even though the place is relatively cheap I still expect to wake up without a backache. Neither of us slept well the entire weekend. If you're one of those people who can sleep on anything (like my sister) this won't be a problem for you.
2. The shower is VERY small.. but it's fine for a weekend at the beach.
Overall this is a nice place to stay if you're looking for a no-frills beachfront location. I probably won't be going back because of the bed, but if you can handle that I definitely recommend the Sea Ranch.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Ranch Hotel Carolina Beach
- Sea Hotel Carolina Beach
- Sea Motel Carolina Beach