“Super clean and nice owner”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Beach House Inn and Suites
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We only stayed here 1 night in November 2012. It is a great place to stay in the off-season, as the prices for a seaview room are very reasonable. The room is not modern or upscale but it is very clean and well taken care of. The owner is onsite. The rocking chairs on the porches/balconies are a nice touch. The beautiful beach is right outside your door and you can also walk to the main hub of Carolina Beach. We had a great stay! Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Relaxinginthesun_10

Reviewed 2 November 2012

One of the things I don't especially like is trying to find the right place at the right price for our vacation stay. But I have finally found just that place for our trips to Carolina Beach, NC. My husband & I stayed last year and have just come back from another stay at Beach House Inn & Suites. I give this place a AAA+ rating. It is not the newest place on the beach, but I dare say there is a cleaner place. Each year the owners are upgrading this establishment, whether it's new mattresses, new furniture, a new paint job, etc. We stay in the pool-side suite, which has 2 queen beds, a full kitchen, a big bathroom, and is spacious. The floors are SO clean, I can go barefooted and my feet stay clean! Everything about this place is clean! The sliding glass doors for the bathtub are spotless upon arrival. (I have seen dirty-looking shower curtains in other, more expensive hotels.) The mattress is SOOO comfy, pillows are just right (at least for me and my husband). The porches are wide and have big rocking chairs on them. There is a good view of the ocean from ocean-side rooms, and even if you stay in the pool-side rooms, it is a short walk to the end of the porch where you can see the ocean easily. The place is always decorated with flower baskets on the railing and flags suitable for the season. The staff is friendly and very helpful. I guess the only thing I would rate low is the water pressure from the shower head, even though the pressure is high elsewhere. And when I mentioned this to the owner, he said they were going to replace the shower heads in each room, and this should take care of that problem. I highly recommend this place for couples and families. I already plan to go back next spring.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank blessed_lady43
Reviewed 19 October 2012

the motel was really nice and most importantly, NON SMOKING(must stress that you want a non smoking room) and clean!! the bed was one of the most comfortable i have ever slept in!!! plenty of pillows too, air conditioner was a bit noisy and walls a bit thin - i could hear the kids next door even with the ac on stayed over columbus day weekend/fri/sat/sun and the room was only "cleaned" once i think it was really just towels refreshed - dont think bathroom was done, and bed not made - maybe you have to ask for that? pots and pans could use some brillo right on the dunes-walk right out to the ocean /parking spot with room - trucks are supossed to use lot across street, but this isnt enforced,and that was annoying october- 83%humidity - dont know how people handle the summer!!! ate at "kates" pancakes - great - shes from new jersey!!! i would return here in the future - didnt use pool but it looked clean / late check-in box was fine but check how long they have you in the room - went to use my card sun eve, and couldnt get in - someone was at desk so wasnt too much of a problem, but if i got back late, no one would be there and i would have had to wait till someone came - not good i would definitely recommend this place - just have a heads up about some of the concerns i mentioned - enjoy!!

Room Tip: 2nd level - and if in summer, probably facing ocean
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank scones25
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Made reservations, stayed for 2 1/2 days. Had top floor room. People at the check in were very nice. Got into the room and first thing I check is for bedbugs and there were none. The room seemed to have been painted and maybe updated a bit. The air condition looked pretty new but needs to be cleaned better because there was a bit of mold stuck in the air grill. I am allergic to mold and have to be careful about that.Floor and beds were clean and so was the balcony that had a seperating wall to the next balcony. Bathroom looked clean and was for the most part but thanks to Hotel impossible, I check under the rim as well where the water runs into the toilet bowl and it was all black stuff still under there. The ceiling in the bathroom and bedroom has seen better days. Mold spots in bathroom and cracking and peeling ceiling plaster in both rooms.However, no mold smell in any room. I know it is not easy to keep mold out of the rooms especially when the ocean is right outside and for the most part they did a good job. Beds were comfortable and I was also happy with the refridgerator. So all in all a pretty good experience. Ocean view was great and they have a pool also that we did not get to use this time.A lot of things are within walking distance. Restaurants, bank, boardwalk and gas stations and if you feel like walking a bit further there is also a small supermarket. It was quite during our stay and the walk to the beach is short and on your way back you can even shower off.Parking in front of the Inn is limited but across the road they have more spaces and watch out for a cat. Cutie crosses road and hangs out in the dunes.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Claudia J
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I live in Wilmington and have an event this weekend in Carolina Beach. Rather than driving the 30 minutes back and forth every day I figured I'd stay in Carolina Beach, save gas and enjoy the atmosphere. Once they found out I was from Wilmington I was told they weren't accepting reservations from people from Wilmington.
I've never heard of such a policy. But their loss as I am now going to go make reservations somewhere else, once I am done posting this negative review.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Jason J
Reviewed 21 August 2012

When I think about all of the wonderful memories I have had at Carolina Beach there is only one that doesn't include The Beach House Inn and Suites! (We unfortunately did not know about them yet) Where do I begin..... excited to check in but we got to the beach hours before check-in. They did their very best to speed up the process! Our son is a sand crab.......thank heavens for the shaded and clean rinse off area. We vacationed one time with a picky family who's kids were a bit unruley. The staff took such good care of them and they were soooooo happy that this family said they would never stay anywhere else. (Sorry Beach House Inn) This past trip we parked the car to check-in and did not get back in it until checkout! They are CLOSS to EVERYTHING. They have a room type for every situation. Kitchens, Sofas, queens, kings, rocking chairs, private porches or shared. The picky family had a room with an extra bedroom. We have not tried that one yet, but one day. Every room, suite has been so super clean. Their staff is Amazing. I am a worrisome traveler when it comes to my personal belongings and staff....I just feel at ease here. The staff has ALWAYS been trustworthy and kind. My family and I love this place so much! The beach would not be the beach without the Beach House Inn and Suites. They don't make the beach...They make the beach WONDERFUL!

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank iluvants
Reviewed 20 August 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay. Park your car and walk. Our family visits every year. Friendly staff, great location and always wonderful guests. They run a quiet, clean and a home like place. Not many bells and whistles but we love it. The best at Carolina Beach. Rarely will you find a place that the staff say hello and asks how your vacation is going.

• Stayed: August 2012