“Great place, amazing value”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Beach House Inn and Suites
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Carolina Beach
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I spent three days here with a friend in one of the two-room suites--there was a bedroom with its own bathroom, and another full bathroom in the main space, which also included a second bed, a large sofa, a dining table, and a small kitchen area. The deck had two chairs.

Yes, this is an older property and in no way fancy, but I was astonished at how clean and comfortable everything was. There was not a stray hair, spiderweb, bit of fuzz, or errant piece of sand to be found when we entered--it was much better cared for in that respect than any of the fancy hotels I've stayed at for work conferences. The bed was only a couple of years old and was very comfortable (I had actually brought along a piece of memory foam to use if that wasn't the case, but I didn't need it). They've recently put in nice flat screen TVs. The appliances all worked well.

And the view through the sliding glass doors and the deck was incredible--we were looking straight out at the beautiful dunes and the rolling surf. We watched dolphins and pelicans go by and were entertained by visitors from what I took to calling "bird city"--a building across the street where crows and seagulls seemed to love to gather.

There was some noise from nearby rooms--we were on the first floor and could hear people walking above, running the water, etc.--but for some reason it didn't bother me the way it normally would. I guess I was just amazed that we could be right on the beach in such a comfortable place for a very, very, very reasonable rate. There were plenty of interesting restaurants and shops within half an hour, and I'm sure more would be open during the high season. I would definitely return to this hotel and hope to do so sometime in the summer or fall.

Room Tip: I'd look for a second-floor room next time if possible, just to avoid the sound of neighbors abo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Squeakycats

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We spent 10 days here for the second time, and everything was perfect again. The owner even graciously stored some oversized panels for us while we were there. Everyone that worked there, from the front office to housecleaning were always helpful and nice. I highly recommend!

Room Tip: Best beach views are from the second floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lovetotraveleurope
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Can't review the rooms because I messed up my reservation(wrong date). But it was full up & looked really clean & updated from the outside. Location was very close to everything. We are so grateful to Larry for calling around to find us a room. If the staff goes to that trouble for someone not even staying there they must really be good for the guests!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RICHARD H
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My best friend and I went down on Oct 2 just for a day and night to celebrate our birthdays and had a wonderful time. Our room was updated and sparkling clean, but the hotel still had that 50's mom and pop feeling that we both loved. The staff was especially nice, and let us check in a little earlier than the normal 2 pm check in time. We enjoyed the view from our private balcony and even took advantage of sitting on the porch overlooking the ocean in rocking chairs on a different level. We have stayed at the beach house several times before and never have been disappointed in our stay. Also I noticed they were cleaning the carpets in several units on our floor so that tells me the owners take a special interest in keeping a clean motel. The location was great, in walking distance of everything we wanted to see. We will definely return to the Beach House and recommend it to our friends and family.

Room Tip: I would recommend rooms on the 3rd level, better view of the ocean, the 2nd level also have a clear...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sandyW056
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in mid September. The view of the ocean from our deck was amazing. We had a 2 room suite. The rooms were clean, but there was a odd odor in one of them. It was in walking distance of many good restaurants & the boardwalk which made it great! According to the brochure in our room, if you stay five or more nights the sheets get changed on the third night . Ours weren't.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank GrandmaM8
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I have been coming to Carolina Beach to stay at the Carolina Beach Inn and Suites for 6 years or so. We love the beach, the view from "our" room's balcony (207), and the opportunity to cook in the room. We make our breakfast there every day and enjoy eating and having our coffee with the rising sun over the ocean right outside our door.

We don't expect stainless steel appliances, granite countertops and marble bathrooms. All the kitchen appliances are clean and work properly even if they aren't state of the art. Our room had a brand new microwave in it this year. There is everything you need to make and eat basic meals. This motel is affordable for us and offers us a wonderful, relaxing vacation.

Why do we come to the beach? To see and experience the beach! All we need is a comfortable clean room and that's just what we get here. The staff is very friendly and helpful. If you need an ironing board and iron you just have to ask, they will bring one to your room!

We have never seen any sign of undesirable people anywhere around the hotel, the beach or any of the spots we go to in town. In fact, we have a traditional trip to the beach every night around 10 pm to sit and watch the waves, stars and moon. No one has ever approached us or bothered us in any way.

In short WE LOVE THIS PLACE, and YOU WILL TOO!

Room Tip: Upper floor, facing ocean, private balcony is wonderful!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rainbow6350
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed this summer with the family. Great family place, quiet and not over crowed. The staff was great and everyone was really friendly. Rooms and grounds were very clean and tidy. Grandkids loved the pool and the aquarium at Fort Fisher. We also enjoyed the private balcony each morning watching the sunrise over the ocean. We will be back again on our next visit to Carolina Beach.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family