“***BEWARE OF PACKS OF THEIVES AT CAROLINA BEACH***” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carolina Beach State Park

Carolina Beach State Park
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“***BEWARE OF PACKS OF THEIVES AT CAROLINA BEACH***”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I took the family down to Carolina Beach Yesterday for the fist time. It was amazing and beautiful until we were robbed then the whole trip quickly turned into an emotional disaster. It wasn't until I slept on it that it all made perfect sense what had happened and how. I started remembering the faces of the groups of the same people I kept noticing everywhere we went that were standing or sitting strangely close to us in their two dollar shoes, dirty pants and shirts and smoking their cheap cigarette just watching us. It all makes sense to me now. Given, they only stole a cell phone - right under our noses without us noticing, but my I feel my understanding of the matter now should be made available for every respectable, honest citizen who steps foot on Carolina beach, because the place is packed with packs of dirtbag thieves sitting in packs of two or three watching your every move, following you from place to place, even standing on the beach waiting for you to slip up by leaving a a bag unattended, etc.

Outside of the shop where we bought some flip flops, shorts and sunglasses I noticed a group - an overweight burly red haired man, and overweight dirty haired woman and another younger person sitting smoking their cigarettes watching into the store, positioned where they could see who paid the clerk with cash is my presumption. After leaving the store we walked down toward the beach and stood for a minute at the sidewalk. Next thing I noticed was the same pack of rats sitting an a bench a few feet way watching us. They had followed us.

Once on the beach, I noticed an older, thin Hispanic looking fellow with shoulder length grayish black hair and a Charles Bronson Mustache standing smoking cigarette after cigarette with a scraggly looking woman. They had walked up with nothing more than a dirty blanket they threw on the beach, even though they never once sat on it. They were both wearing long pants and t shirts and I I noticed the man had two dollar white sneakers with two straps on them and no laces. I noticed he was watching us with an eagle eye every time I looked back. Just standing there smoking one after another. After showering off at the public shower there we started walking down the boardwalk and went into another shop. When I looked out the same two were, sitting on a bench outside watching us in the store. It hadn't been 10 minutes since we left the beach. Waiting for us to make a mistake I presume. We were there for a few hours and I noticed this pair were positioned at no less than three other locations smoking their cigarettes just watching people.

Another group I noticed that followed us on at least one occasion were two younger guys with long brown 80's rocker, surfer hair doos. They were probably 25 years of age, fully dressed in long jeans, tennis shoes and tee shirts. One wore a head band around his long hair. I noticed them when we walked down the isle between the shops sitting on a bench. They seemed out of place fully clothed. When we got to the boardwalk area by the restroom 3 minutes later I turned and looked around at the sites and noticed they had repositioned onto another bench within 20 feet of us, just sitting there hanging out. They no doubt followed us down through the shops area.

We walked back up to a shop that sells the crabs with painted shells and has an outdoor table where you can t shirts 2 for a dollar and key chains with names on them. My spouse browsed through these shirts for about 10 minutes and had set her phone down next to here water bottle. We walked in to pay and came back out. She grabbed her water bottle, but her phone had been stolen all within less than 2 minute time. One of the rat packs had scored a new phone for the day.

The rest of the night was a disaster.

I noticed there were no video cameras on poles or in shops and I never saw any police officers trolling the area. This paired with the free shower for the rat packs to take advantage of makes for a nice set up for homeless rat packs waiting to rob tourists blind.

My warning: BEWARE OF PACKS OF FULLY CLOTHED, DIRTY PACKS OF THIEVING RATS AT CAROLINA BEACH THAT POSITION THEMSELVES IN SITE OF THE CASH REGISTER AND ON THE BEACH WITH NO INTENTION OF HAVING FUN IN SUN! YOU WILL NOTICE THEM FOLLOWING YOU FROM PLACE TO PLACE THROUGH THE COURSE OF THE DAY WATCHING YOU AND WAITING FOR YOU TO SCREW UP.

Visited June 2014
15 Thank Gary B

Columbus, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

along the shores of the Cape Fear River. Loads of hiking trails but biggest drawback is entrance is not permitted until 8 a.m. I am an early bird hiker/photographer and would like access by sunrise.

Visited June 2014
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Perfect for families!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Very clean and well-patrolled by friendly rangers. Water pumps and trash bins were close to each campsite. Quiet hours begin at 11 p.m., which is wonderful for camping with young children. It is important to note that the gate closes at 10 p.m., so we felt a little like Cinderella some evenings trying to get back in time. Also, raccoons are numerous and bold, so make sure that anything you leave out is locked down very well!

2 Thank Lauren P
New Bern, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Clean, relaxing, and scenic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

There are hiking trails, boat docks, good fishing places, plenty of parking, and an all-round great place to visit!

2 Thank Teresa R
Concord, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A very clean and scenic park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The camping areas are well covered with trees and the boat landing area is very scenic on the Cape Fear River.

1 Thank Rick B