“Great food, nice atmosphere, low prices”
Review of Hang Ten Grill

Hang Ten Grill
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We looked on TripAdvisor to figure out where to take our three boys to dinner in the Carolina Beach area. We were looking for a casual burger-type place, and Hang Ten Grill is exactly that. My husband had a buffalo chicken sandwich that he loved, and I had the aptly named Gnarly Burger. Absolutely amazing burger! The whole family really enjoyed their hand cut french fries, as well. For a tourist-y area, Hang Ten Grill has very reasonable prices. We fed the whole family for less than $50, which isn't easy to do anymore unless you sacrifice quality! If our family makes it back to this beautiful town, we will for sure stop in again!

1  Thank Stephanie9601

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

great place and affordable.this place seems to make it fresh. Fresh burgers and hand cut fries or chips.chicken that really has that grilled flavor.the one thing that impressed me was when I ordered the wings. I asked if I could order them naked and have a cup with all five of their sauces and they let me do it even though I ordered a half dozen wings. This was great!!! Usually a place will only let you have one sauce or 2 if you order a dozen but not this place you can get them all I ordered the fish tacos blackened tuna, sushi grade rare and they were phenomenal!!! Really great portions! I will definitely be going back! :)

1  Thank Anjie2014
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Not much for atmosphere, and no fancy menu, but honest hand-formed burgers with good flavor (apparently all cooked medium, as they didn't ask). Nice place to stop for a decent burger and a beer or two.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at a house on the beach within view of the Hang Ten Grill and after checking some reviews here on TA I figured we'd get at least lunch there. We ended up eating all 3 meals there over the course of the week.

After trying to go to Britts Donuts on Monday (not realizing they were only open weekends in late April) we stopped by here for breakfast. We noticed a few police cars in the parking lot so we assumed it would be good, and we were right. I had a country ham biscuit, my wife had sausage biscuit, and my daughter had the french toast. Everything was very good and it got out to us quickly. Very friendly staff.

We came back for lunch a couple days later and I got a Gnarly Burger. Very good, quality meat and good toppings. My wife had the burger with an egg on it (morning after maybe?) and she enjoyed it as well.

We also really liked the pretzel crusted, deep fried cheese balls. Yum!

1  Thank BareTruth0827
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We had lunch outside in the deck. Service was great- food was even better. Had the cheeseburger and a gnarly burger- both were excellent. Homemade chips and fries. We saw others eating breakfast . The omeletes and french toast looked yummy too. We will certainly be back.

1  Thank ssdietz