“Surfers for Life...Thanks to TSSS!”

Tony Silvagni Surf School
Malvern, Pennsylvania
“Surfers for Life...Thanks to TSSS!”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

The primary reason for returning to Carolina Beach this summer (from Pennsylvania) is because Tony Silvagni and his staff got my teenage boys and husband hooked on surfing last summer! The school provided awesome instruction, and their rental equipment and service was first-rate!

Visited July 2012

Central PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't say enough about the experience for our son!”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We scheduled a trip to Carolina Beach and surf lessons were on the plan for our soon to be 11 yr old son. It is what he wanted as his birthday gift. I emailed Tony from the web site prior to going, and he promptly replied. We called when we got to our condo and scheduled a 1 hour private session for our son. When we got to the trailer everything was extremely organized and on time. We met his instructor Ryan and they were off. Ryan started with instructions on the beach, but within 10 minutes, they were hitting the water. Ryan was with him in the water the whole time. By his first couple of tries he was standing on the board and riding! My son was hooked! Ryan you rocked!

We attempted to schedule a lesson for the next two days, but tropical storm Andrea had other ideas. Tony texted the next two mornings to let me know condiditons were to dangerous. Our son was close to tears as we were leaving the following day. He also knew our son wanted to have his skimboad autographed, so he made sure he set up a time for us to meet him outside of the sesson. We planned to try to give it one last shot on our day of departure. We checked out of our condo and Tony himself met us for our lesson. The conditions were not ideal as the swell was still pretty big. The only way the lifeguards would allow our son out to surf was knowing he was going to be with Tony. I was not worried at all, I knew from previous cancellations that Tony was not out for the money, but for the safety and fun of our son. He made it work for him and the lesson was on! Our son was ectatic!

I'm sure we'll be back, and when we do surf lessons will certainly be on the agenda, maybe even coordinate it with a surf camp. The combination of Tony's professionalism, kindness, and passion to teach, make this a no brainer. If you're in Carolina Beach and you're looking for surf lessons, or anything Tony has to offer at his shop, (we purchased an awesome wave board), you'd be a fool to go anywhere else.

Visited June 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic surf lessons for 23 Boy Scouts!”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I really can't say enough good things about the fantastic surfing experience that Tony Silvagni and his wonderful group of instructors gave our scout troop this weekend. During our planning for this trip, Tony was professional and highly responsive. When we arrived for the lessons on Saturday morning, everything was perfectly arranged, all the wetsuits and surfboards were ready, there were tents set up and most importantly, he had a great group of motivated instructors ready to introduce our scouts to surfing. The instructors braved some pretty cold water (without wetsuits) without complaint and gave our scouts two hours of exciting surf lessons. Throughout the whole event, Tony consistently over delivered on all aspects of his lessons. Great job Tony!

Visited May 2013
South Salem, New York
“Best place to be on Carolina Beach”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I have been going to the Tony Silvagni Surf School for many years now and i loved it from the beginning. Every year i look foward to coming to Carolina Beach and doing surf lessons. My highlight of every summer is doing surf camp with the wonderful staff at the surf school. The instructors could not be more kind, patient, and funny!! The surf school ranges from surfing to stand up paddleboarding! I have tried both and loved them both!! Both of those activities are extremly fun and i cant wait to get back in the water! The Tony Silvagni Surf School is the most professional surf school you will find on Carolina Beach!

Visited August 2012
“Learning from a profession is the best way”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I had an amazing time while taking lessons from Tony and his staff. They were all so friendly and worked so hard.. They made it so easy and enjoyable and had the best rates that I could find on the beach. There is no doubt that I will be back. And its only a plus that Tony was super cute!