“Great Experience - Fun, Experienced instructors”

Tony Silvagni Surf School
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I just moved to the area and wanted to try surfing. I booked a private lesson since it's only $10 more per hour for private vs. group. When I showed up, I was glad I booked private, because all of the group lessons were young kids. The lesson was great, my instructor was a passionate surfer, and a good teacher. They have everything you need, I just wore my swimsuit, plenty of sunscreen, and I brought a towel. the water was clean and warm. The beach is fairly shallow, and the sand is soft and clean. I'd taken lessons once in Puerto Rico, and was told there not to step on the ocean floor because I'd get cut by coral, but not here in Carolina Beach. Overall, I would recommend a surf lesson to anyone wanting to try something new, whether they're a local or a visitor.

There are newer reviews for Tony Silvagni Surf School

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great surf school--we highly recommend them!!!! This group of surfing instructors loves what they do, and it's contagious! Even more, they can teach it to people at ANY level. By the end of surf camp lesson 1, each boy (ages 8 and 11) was riding waves with no prior experience. Three days later, they're going on longer runs and showing much improved form. Most importantly, they are having a blast! They cannot wait to get back out there every morning.

The surf school has a tent on the beach, so we are able to watch from the shade. They provide a cooler filled with water, they provide the surf boards, and they provide the wetsuits--we just had to show up! They even gave us the option of a photographer to capture the sessions at a really reasonable rate, which we are doing on the last day. All of this has allowed us to relax and enjoy watching our sons develop a love of surfing.

Every person we've met at Tony Silvagni's Surf School, from the people on the phone to the people at the beach-side trailer to the instructors in the water, has been friendly and knowledgeable. I don't know how they do it, but everyone quickly knew all of our names, and they've introduced themselves to our friends who came to watch. They taught our boys about the ocean--how to swim safely, how to spot waves, how to be aware of the currents and approaching storms. Thanks to this school, we have two surfer dudes who will enjoy years of surfing because of their lessons.

1  Thank LisaLuka
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I had the pleasure of meeting Tony a few years back while in an airport. During that time I was amazed by the way he was speaking with a customer over the phone, so we exchanged information. Surfing was always on my bucket list and we recently moved to North Carolina. I looked Tony's business up and reached out to ask a few questions. He returned my email with a personal phone call within minutes. He has not only provided advice on beaches for my family, advice on a surfboard purchase but his school has also instructed me during multiple lessons.

The lesson experience is incredible. The instructors teach you everything that you will need to fall in love with the sport. They have the equipment for you to learn on and will make it a very fun experience. The instructors are in the water with you and will provide you with guidance on every aspect of the sport. I have taken multiple lessons with the school, and all of the instructors have been great.

I am looking forward to this summer and getting my kids involved with lessons provided by Tony Silvagni Surf School.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I had a lesson with my daughter and made some of the most beautiful memories. Yes we both got up, and the instructors were as excited as we were. The lesson began with safety tips (Tony and his staff have also had first aid and water safety instruction), then a before we went out a primer on the shore, and then with the instructors in the water with us, providing advice and encouragement, they helped us learn the basics and suddenly we were standing on the surfboards and wow that was so cool. Went back months later Tony remembered our names and helped us purchase a board. The people are extraordinarily friendly, courteous, and the so know their stuff. Not at all expensive, and everything you need is included. If you are older like I am (52), and have considered trying, well, what are you waiting for! Really beautiful.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I found Tony from Tony Silvagni Surf School as he was competing for our country (USA) in Peru. He stayed in contact with me while flying home and the next day gave me a stand up paddleboard lesson in the intracoastal waterway in Carolina Beach, NC. Tony is a highly fit world class surfer/paddleboarder who is egoless and friendly to a fault. I learned several techniques from him that will help me develop into a profecient paddleboarder.I highly reccomend Tony's school for people off all ages and abilites.