“Great stop on vacation”
Review of Big Apple Bakery

Big Apple Bakery
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My son and I stopped by here to grab some desert to bring back to the hotel for after dinner. The location was a little confusing to get to with the side road, but once I found it was fine. Just a little simple cafe/bakery but lots of selections. We got some cookies, cream puff and a napoleon. All were enjoyed that evening. I will come back here when in the area again and try some more things as well as the coffee creations they had on the big board menu. If it hadn't been 830pm I probably would have ordered some that night!

1  Thank Julie Z

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed every single thing that I tried here and since this was my vacation, I let myself try more than couple of things :-) I LOVE to bake and I could tell that everything was made with natural and high quality ingredients which is the way it should be. I don't eat sweets every day, but when I do, there's nothing wrong with butter, cream, sugar, and everything else. Try tiramisu it is awesome.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We both have to watch our weight so we seldom visit bakeries except for special treats, but the write-ups in the local publications were so glowing that we went. Maybe the cook had a bad day but we found the pastries we purchased to be dry and not very appetizing. Furthermore we felt the food was very overpriced.

2  Thank photojo13
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have been coming to Carolina Beach for over 15 years, and I did not know that this bakery was here. Boy, was I glad I found it :) Their cakes are so moist and yummy. Next time, I will have to try their hand pies; they looked so good!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Big Apple Bakery is definitely a hidden gem here! Their homemade cream cheeses are out of this world and they make fresh New York bagels! Their coffee is a little hit and miss, but their bagels and cream cheese (Chive and Garlic & Honey Nut especially) are well worth it! Plus, they have some pretty tasty desserts you can get if you are just looking for a sweet treat! Great place, great service, and AMAZING food!