“Cabana 104 was FILTHY”
Review of Cabana 202

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carolina Beach
Cabana 202
Henrico Virginia
“Cabana 104 was FILTHY”
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We rented Cabana 104 for a week based on pictures and a few reviews. We don't know what the cleaning fee is for since the floors and bathrooms were both filthy. The Guest Book review from the poor folks who rented Cabana 104 a day or two ahead of us mentioned the views (yes gorgeous beach view) and floors so nasty they had to wear shoes anywhere inside. Will post a picture when I download it of how dirty my socks became the day we moved in when I took my shoes off in the apt. Meanwhile, the Cabana 104 kitchen offers enough to boil eggs but don't expect to create any happily memorable meals here. The bed is a bit soft but okay. clearly the absentee owner/landlord is more interested in income than maintenance or repeat clients. We would not consider a repeat experience at Cabana 104 even if free.

Room Tip: Maybe other Cabana condos are better but 104 is gross!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Broey

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Union Hall, VA
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We rented this Condo for our annual vacation to Carolina Beach and it was not what we expected. The sliding glass doors were almost impossible to get open & closed. The couch is disgusting and so uncomfortable. There is no where to put your clothes in bedroom except what you can hang. We will never stay in this Condo again but will stay in another Condo at the Cabana. We know which one will stay at next year! We have stayed at the Cabana 4 yrs (this was 5th) & we will go back to the Condo that we like and know what to expect. Could have got a 2 bedroom with everything for just a little more money!

Room Tip: Not a good value for the money we paid for this 1 bedroom Condo. Should have stayed in the Condo we...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank MARTHAUnionHall_VA
Jetguy, Owner at Cabana 202, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
As you know (thank you!), all of our beach residences are individually owned at Cabana, and different owners provide different experiences for our guests. Our properties are managed by several firms in the area (search "Carolina Beach vacations," but all are monitored by the Cabana homeowners association to ensure the highest standards of customer service and property integrity. Best wishes on your next visit, thank you for understanding so well our set-up, and welcome back home as soon as possible!

Travellers are raving about these Carolina Beach hotels

Lathrup Village, Michigan
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Here's what I was looking for: A nice, moderately priced condo for my family of 4 that was on the beach and close to the boardwalk. As for location, it doesn't get any better in Carolina beach as far as I am concerned. The next closest property that has both beach and boardwalk access is the Marriott that was twice the price. We find condos just work for our family, rather than hotel rooms. The condo in cabana suites was clean, well appointed (except the couch had quite a bit of wear) had plenty of room, and a great view of the beach. The beach access is right there (with a lifeguard stand in sight) and we never moved our car during our stay. The boardwalk is less than a block away with tons to do, eat, and see. The kitchen had granite counter tops and plenty of items stocked in the cabinets. We went the Palm Air Realty. They were very nice and professional. I started to rent through 1 of the other 3 companies that represent units in this building and found that there were a lot of add on fees and I would not get my deposit back with them for 30 days. Palm Air quoted me a flat rate and handled everything professionally. They even had chilled glasses with their name on it in the fridge with Hershey's kisses in them as well as a sand pail. Nice touch for my boys! The next time I go to Carolina beach, I will not have to look again. I'll stay here!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank awayfromitall
Wytheville, Virginia
Reviewed 9 August 2011

The people that we paid for the condo. They do not want to give us back our deposit. Very upset about that when we cleaned up. Left it in good shape. So I will tell everyone that this place is a rip off. The deposit was 600.00 dollars.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Trina G
Jetguy, Owner at Cabana 202, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
Your response is missing some detail, and we can't pinpoint the property you rented or the agency who rented it to you. Nevertheless, we are sorry for the experience you had as our guests expect, and deserve, the very best value in a beach vacation. It would be good to know who managed your rental, as several reputable firms book stays and all have above-market guidelines denoting highest customer satisfaction and exceptional service. The condos are all individually owned and our folks take great pride in their own properties. All of us homeowners in the rental program strive to provide lodging that ensures that our guests receive great value for their vacation investment. We hope you come back to visit, and we will strive to make your return visit a much better experience.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I was a little leary from past reviews but Cabana Suites was all that was available for the weekend. The condo was small but all that my husband and I needed, right on the beach. It was clean and quiet. We now have a new place to stay at the beach! Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SandraE27526
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We have been coming to Carolina Beach for five years now. This was our first time in the Cabana. Our accommadations were top notch. This was by far the best time we have ever had. Our condo was clean, modern and the view was out of this world. The manager of our condo was on site and greeted us as we got off the elevator. He was polite and very helpful. We will return next year.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
10 Thank nickielee
westerville
Reviewed 16 June 2011

My wife and I took our twin 15month old daughters to Carolina Beach for the first time. We stayed in room 410 for 3 nights. This property I was told first started to rent through United Beach Vacation Rentals as of June 1st. (I believe UBV also rents other units too). I had read prior reviews and was a little worried but after arriving and seeing the room we were very impressed. Everything was clean and the view from the balcony and living area were great. The only thing that was a little old or out-dated would be the bathrooms. But how much time do you spend in a bathroom on vacation? The management of the complex were very friendly and I always saw someone cleaning the pools or cruising the grounds. I liked that everything was gated and secured. There were security cameras located throughout that made you feel secure. The place had a nice quick beach access boardwalk that had showers. All in all we would definitely stay here again. Also another perk was that close proximity of the condo to the boardwalk area. I would assume that this place will not be a secret much longer. It was quick for us to load the girls up in the stroller and be at Brits for a quick Doughnut in less than 5 mins. Our girls are sound sleepers but if you happen to stay on the northern end of the complex Rooms _09 or under you may hear the party boats in the bay at night. I could only hear them from the 2nd bedroom (where the girls slept)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family