“Did not live up to the hype!”

Michael's Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
High Point, North Carolina
“Did not live up to the hype!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We had a group of 8 people and had heard that Michael's was simply the best so we went to try it. The seafood chowder was good but not exceptional and all of our entrees were just okay. We had beef tenderloin which tasted like roast beef from a buffet and the shrimp and grits were just good, not great. I had scallops which were small and over-peppered. The accompanying risotto was mushy and had no flavor. Two guests also had crab and shrimp mac n cheese and said it was just okay. The cocktails were good and the service was great.

• Visited June 2014

“Great food”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Well I had the rare Tuna my wife had grouper. It was all excellent. My wife commented that this was the best meal she had since we have been at the beach service was excellent. Never ran out of something to drink. Great place will return in the future.

Marlboro, New York
“Good Food, Solid Value”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

They are proud of their chowder here, and I found it delicious, fresh and hot. The fish was likewise fresh. Our server was attentive and the restaurant is confortable and clean.

• Visited June 2014
Chatt
“Good food, but nothing fried”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Our first night out at the beach. After being highly recommended, I was surprised they didn't offer fried/calabash shrimp. My food was fine, & most of our group would probably give 5 stars for their food quality, I left somewhat disappointed that I didn't get my fried shrimp. The Chowder was award winning! Great place to go, unless you have people wanting fried shrimp.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank S G
“Not the quality I remember.”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Have always loved Michaels but this trip was not as good quality as usual. The chowder was excellent of course but my meal just didn't cut it. Not fully cooked asparagus and potatoes with no flavor. I had the grouper which did not taste good to me. My husband enjoyed his steak.

• Visited May 2014