“Great "Red Lobster-like" local Seafood Place”

Michael's Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great "Red Lobster-like" local Seafood Place”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I compare Michael's to Red Lobster because the prices and dinner selections are similar. Of course, the local dining is better and fresher. I really recommend the chowder. It's great. Also, ask for cornbread. They won't give it to you or offer it because you have to ask.

We usually get the admiral's delight for two people. It has mussels, clams, shrimp, crab legs, oysters, corn, and slaw. It is in the 35-40$ range.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank uncwmel10

Boone, North Carolina
“Worse food ever”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Over $200 meal that was nowhere near worth it. Clams, mussels overcooked. Scallops nearly burned and served with a rice not seasoned at all. Potatoes not cooked, carrots clearly old as they were limp. Crab cakes with little to no flavor. Honestly never have EVER posted a bad review but this place was such a HUGE disappointment. I can understand maybe 1 thing not being good but for all 5 meals to be this bad? Something was seriously wrong in the kitchen today. AWFUL and will never go back.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank lblum2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Yummy in my tummy”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Definitely recommend getting delightful for two and mussel appetizer. I eat at this restaurant everytime my husband and I go yo Carolina beach or even nearby beaches. This time the restaurant seemed short staff as we had the bartender served us whil we were sitting across from the bar. He was too busy making drinks and not really paid attention, but the food was delicious.

Temple, Texas
“Good mostly good; service not so much”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Those of us who ordered the shrimp and snow crab loved our dinners. Family members who got grouper or chicken were highly dissatisfied.

We chose the restaurant because the hostess who took our reservation said she could accommodate 11 people. She was wrong. We were separated but bte other hostess or manager told us we should be happy that she put us near each other. Not exactly good customer relations... We moved outside and were in very hot sun and barraged by flies. The server was very slow with drink refills. Great food but service could've been a lot better. Those who had bad meals were not given opportunity to switch out or asked about their satisfaction with their food.

“Terrible restaurant with rude attitudes from staff and owner”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The staff was so rude to my family and I, that we didn't get pass ordering drinks before we walked out. I wasn't even allow to bring nor eat my own birthday cake in restaurant which they told me I could when I made reservations two weeks in advance. Plus, didn't even put my party in the same table which made no sense??? Then they had an attitude when I ask them why was my party in separate table. They ruined my birthday. If you want to have good service, then this place isn't the place for that. Its only rude, unprofessional and nasty attitudes there. Dont waste your time nor money.

• Visited July 2014