“Not bad” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Michael's Seafood Restaurant

Michael's Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

A short vacation at Carolina Beach brought my wife and I to Michael's. The service was OK but nothing to get excited about. The food was my second choice of the restaurants we visited. I had The Captains Choice which was good though again nothing to shout about. Michael's was my second choice of places to eat.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Surprisingly Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I and another couple rode the ferry over from Southport, NC on a recent beautiful afternoon to show the other couple a part of the North Carolina beaches they had never seen. It was getting late in the afternoon and we started thinking of dinner and with my usual group, the most difficult thing to do is getting everyone to decide on WHERE to eat. We passed several places and decided on Michael's Seafood Restaurant. We were promptly seated as we were there just before the crowds started arriving. I love seafood chowder and noticed they advertised theirs as International Award winning. I and one other order a cup each and I must say if was outstanding! Plenty of crab, clams and scallops in a delicious cream base! I could have eaten a couple bowls. Instead, my wife and I, as did the other couple, ordered a steampot on the menu as "Admirals Delight for Two" for $39. We could have saved $39 by ordering one pot for all four of us! It was absolutely delicious and we left so stuffed that we couldn't even look at the dessert menu!
If you happen to be in Carolina Beach, don't pass this place up. Everything was fresh and delicious! We will be back!

2 Thank DGriffin2014
Roanoke, Virginia
“Excellent shrimp and grits.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I thought this was one of the best meals I had while at Carolina Beach and I highly recommend the shrimp and grits. Very generous portion of shrimp and the grits were good also. Everyone else in our group really enjoyed their meal as well and were pleased with the whole experience. Our waitress was excellent and made great suggestions. I hear the chowder there is awesome, but I didn't end up trying it. We sat outside on the patio area and enjoyed that. They also have a good sized bar inside in case you have to wait before being seated. Definitely give this one a try.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We always eat here when we come it's hot great food there is usually a line so go early great place for kids with crayons and coloring

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Second best restaurent I visited here.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We had lunch and dinner there. Fish sandwich for lunch. Crab legs for dinner. Both meals were outstanding. The place was clean. The drinks flavorful and the service great. We had dessert there. Chocolate cake was amazing and my husband really liked the key lime pie. Highly recommend this place for lunch and dinner.